Menu

Thread: A Name Survey?

A Name Survey?

Anyone up for a name Survey?

1. Are your kids names unique or common?

2. What are your favorite names (besides your kids names)?

3. What is the most common letter you seem to like?

4. Middle names, His family or yours?

Thanks for playing!!

Re: A Name Survey?

1. Are your kids names unique or common? In a way they are common because they are classic. Yet in another way they are unique because they are not trendy. In California they are really unique. Ryan and Caitlin or even Katelynn would have been what was expected. (We named them Peter and Laura)

Boys: Thomas, William, Nicholas, Kenneth, Arthur, Andrew, Maxwell, Henry, Charles, Philip, Edward, and James. And this is embarrassing, but I do love the name Jacob a lot!
    Girls: Elizabeth, Anna, Rebecca, Margaret, Jane, Catherine, Clara, Natalie, Cecily, Veronica, Alice, Eleanor, and Hollis is a new one that I like.

3. What is the most common letter you seem to like? I seem to love l's, r's, n's, and s's. I love that "s" sound! Love the others so much, too! My m-i-l says that M is the most beautiful letter of all. What do you think? She doesn't like S because it looks and sounds like a snake. Both my husband's cousin and she say that the letter K is prettier than the letter C. I took lettering at my art school, and I think all the letters of the alphabet are gorgeous depending on the font you are using or your penmanship!

My poor husband has such a small family. Middle names:
    Boys - Wayne, Newton, Richard, Andrew
    Girls - Elizabeth, Eleanor, Anna

My family's middle names:
    Boys: Arthur, Warren, Marmaduke, Page, William, Dean, Maxwell, Evan, Clyde, and Stanley
    Girls: Elizabeth (four women), Cordelia, Susan, May, Caroline, Lura, and Page, and Grace. Also one cousin that is a girl has the middle name Arthur. It was my grandmother's maiden name.

Our son's middle name is Sebastian and our daughter's is Elizabeth.

That was fun!

Hmmm, Luca is not very common here in the Southland of Cadens, Jadens and the like! Charles (his mn) is pretty common, but in the classic sense. I think Luca will become more popular but as of now I don't know of any others little Lucas.

Milo, Jasper, Hugo/Hugh, Edward, Franklin, Eli, Julius, James, August, Bruno
    Adelia, Paloma, Francesca/Frances, Clara, Eudora, Ada, Delilah, Jane, Celia, Celeste

L, J, and vowels...my name, Olivia, is all vowels so perhaps it's just a bit of narcissism ;)?

His for #1, mine for #2 (if we go for #3, it'll be a toss up!)
    :: o l i v e ::

lola Guest

Neither, actually. Leo, Simon & Josephine.

2. What are your favorite names (besides your kids names)? Maud, Elspeth, Cleo, Cecily, Clementine, Rufus, Remy, Bruno & Cosmo are the top bunch.

C, I would guess.

We try to balance them back & forth. They're Sebastian (my family), Ambrose (his) & Rosamel (again, mine).

Well, in my particular state in Australia, Matilda sits at #13 and Oliver at #7, whilst Iris doesn't chart, so the first two are pretty common here, but in the US I'm guessing they're pretty uncommon?! Their full names are Matilda Poppy Rae, Oliver Sebastian Finn & Iris Emilia Belle, so I guess that sets them apart a little bit more.

Too many, and I change so quickly. My top boys would be Cillian, Henry (though he's a bit off limits), Jasper, Adrien, Silas and Malachy, whilst the girls would be Beatrix, Viola, Sylvie, Aurelia/Aurelie, Alice, Ada, Ida, Ivy... many, many more!

If I look at my lists, I like a lot of girls names beginning with 'A', and most of them have 'L' sounds in them, but that's about the only pattern really!

We haven't used any yet, but I prefer mine over his :) Immediate-family-wise, mine are Alain Didier, Matthew, Isabelle, Anais and Aleydis; whilst his are Jonathan, Elliot, Elias, Susan, Maeve, Adele and Ivy. Actually, I like both sets, though I prefer my extended family's to his!

I made that a bit too confusing, didn't I?!