Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WDYT of Eliza...

Eliza Annabel. I am naming my daughter after my sister in a round about way. She was trying to come up with a way to do the same thing with my name for her daughter. My name is Elizabeth Ann.I came up with Eliza Annabel or Liseta Annabel (she likes names with spanish origin). Suggestions and thoughts please!

Re: WDYT of Eliza...

I simple adore Eliza so much. I really do. It's gorgeous, and on my favorites.
    But, Eliza Annabel doesn't flow very well in my opinion... Although I adore Annabel, as well.

Maybe she can use Eliza, to still honor you, but not have to use your middle name, too? Just an idea...
    If not, maybe:
    Eliza Anne
    Eliza Leanne
    Eliza Brianne

I simple adore Eliza so much. I really do. It's gorgeous, and on my favorites.
    But, Eliza Annabel doesn't flow very well in my opinion... Although I adore Annabel, as well.

Maybe she can use Eliza, to still honor you, but not have to use your middle name, too? Just an idea...
    If not, maybe:
    Eliza Anne
    Eliza Leanne
    Eliza Brianne

I LOVE Eliza! It's one of my favorites! I think Eliza Anne sounds beautiful.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Eliza is one of my top three favorite names, and I LOVE Annabel, too. I agree with Rachel, though, that Eliza Annabel's flow is off. (For me, when you pair a first name ending in A with a middle name beginning with an A, it becomes really choppy.)

What about Elizabeth Annabel, nickname Eliza? Perhaps Eliza Viviana? Eliza Mariana?

(I love Elizabeth Anne, by the way!) :-)

I agree with some of the other posters that Eliza Ann is just beautiful!!! (The flow of Eliza Annabelle isn't quite right).

I see everyones point about Eliza Annabel... I like Eliza Anne or Elizabeth Annabel. Any other fun or creative variations you can think of?

Jill, Thanks for the compliment on my name :)

You're so welcome. I seriously love Elizabeth Anne (and Anne Elizabeth). As an Elizabeth, I'm wondering if you could answer a question for me: Eliza is one of my favorite names, and Elizabeth is, too (I know I'll someday use one of them!). If you'd been an Eliza, do you think you would have wished you'd been an Elizabeth? I've always wanted to ask an Elizabeth (or an Eliza) this question. :-) Thanks!

Eliza is the only Elizabeth variation I love as a first name, but I'll keep thinking. :-) I'm wondering if she could use a variation of her name as a middle name, so that her baby girl's name can contain the names of two sisters who obviously love each other very much. (It's probably a silly idea, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.) :-)

Jill,
    So funny that you mention Anne Elizabeth, that's my mother's name! Originally we were going to name our daughter Ava Elizabeth but Ava is way too popular for me right now.

As for going by Eliza I think I would have liked it! To my family I am Lizzie or Elizabeth but to most people I am Liz. I used to think Liz was so boring but as I get older I really like it. Eliza would have fit my personality though :)

My sister's name is Emily.

I think Eliza might be the only first name variation my sister likes too! Plus her sister-in-law is Elisa so it would also honor her! She just needs a fabulous middle name now!

I love Elizabeth Anne, Elizabeth Ann, and Anne or Ann Elizabeth. Eliza is just great, but I don't like it with Ann(e). Eliza Jane on the other hand is so wonderful. Some people think the name Elizabeth is boring, but it is my favorite name. I never get tired of it just like I never get tired of looking at the sky. Actually when my daughter was born I wanted to name her either Anne Elizabeth or Elizabeth Anne.