Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle name for Lily-

Hello. We are having a baby girl in July named Lily (after my husbands great great grandma). Our last name starts with a P. Here's what we're thinking so far--

Lily Charlotte
    Lily Isabella
    Lily Juliette
    Lily Hannah

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Middle name for Lily-

Those are all very beautiful names. I would pick either Lily Isabella or Lily Juliette.

Those are all very beautiful names. I would pick either Lily Isabella or Lily Juliette.

What a pretty name... :-) I'm wondering how many syllables are in your last name, because that influences the middle name. If your last name has two syllables, I'd go with a middle name that has three, and if your last name has three, I'd pick a middle with either two or three syllables.

Lily Charlotte: This is so pretty! (This pick comes in second place for me.)

Lily Isabella: Lily Isabella is lovely, too, but if you're worried about popularity, I'd avoid Isabella.

Lily Juliette: I love Juliette, but think that Charlotte works better with Lily. (Edited.)

Lily Hannah: I prefer your other choices, but Hannah is a pretty name.

Best wishes to you!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Our last name has 2 syllables. You're right-I don't want something too popular-I wish Lily's wasn't top 10...

lola Guest

Lily Charlotte is the only one on your list I like. And that's saying a lot. (anyof the regulars here could tell you I usually dislike Charlotte, all I see is the middle of the name when I look at it) but in the middle, with Lily up front, it's beautiful!

My daughter Josephine was very nearly Lily Josephine (my Grandma's name was Lilian but she was always Lily) So I'm more than passing fond of Lily. It's not top 10 in the States (are you not in the States?) She ranks in the top 30 though but that's still less than 8000 Lilis a year. Not that bad a number for even me!

Isabella's definitely pretty but two super popular names together turns me off a bit. I prefer Juliet. Juliette looks too fussy and frilly for my likes. And Hannah? Bores me to tears. I've never liked Hannah particualrly either. Just seems bland. yep, Lily Charlotte definitely is the standout for me, from your list.

If I were using Lily as a first name, I'd look in my family tree (I'm a sucker for family middles) for more uncommon names to be used with her. But here are some less common but still familair, random suggestions for you, I hope you don't mind!

Lily Penelope
    Lily Josephine (as mine almost was)
    Lily Dorothea
    Lily Francesca
    Lily Georgiana
    Lily Fiammetta
    Lily Beatrice
    Lily Clementine
    Lily Evangelina
    Lily Miranda
    Lily Ottavia
    Lily Raphaela
    Lily Susannah
    Lily Tallulah
    Lily Valentina
    Lily Genevieve
    Lily Isadora
    Lily Amandine
    Lily Carmela
    Lily Delphine
    Lily Eleanora
    Lily Emmeline
    Lily Guinevere
    Lily Marianne
    Lily Marilyn
    Lily Roxana

I hope that helps, some!

I like the suggestion of Lily Georgianna. It means lily farmer. Can't you just imagine a cute girl in overalls and a straw hat picking lilies by a stream? So fresh and lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by namelover
    I like the suggestion of Lily Georgianna. It means lily farmer. Can't you just imagine a cute girl in overalls and a straw hat picking lilies by a stream? So fresh and lovely.
    too cute!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I love the name Lily Isabella! Sounds sweet and cute:-) hmmm...pretty name for a very pretty and cute baby. www.strawfashion.com

Someone suggested Lily Kate on another thread and it's really growing on me!