Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What names do you love but your hubby hates? Or vice-versa.

We have 2 children and 1 on the way. He knows i love the name Ava. Hes known that for a long time! He says it sounds like a trashy person. He has always loved the name Erik. It reminds me of a dork! I also hate Erika. Just not my taste! Sorry to offend anyone!

Re: What names do you love but your hubby hates? Or vice-versa.

I love the name Olivia. He hates it. He likes Curtis nn Cort. I think it is just an okay name.

lola Guest

He likes Zuleika, which I just can't completely warm up to. I love Lucy (pardon the pun) and he thinks it's too simple. That's about the biggest disagreement we have going, girls wise.

On the boys side, he adores Tiberius and Xerxes, neither of which are my cup of tuna. I love Francis (Frank) & Arthur and he thinks they're too common. :(

My favorite for girls is Louisa, he hates it. He likes Mindy. Um, no. For boys, amazingly enough we are at least in the same book if not the same page :)

I love these girls' names, but he hates them:
    Matilda
    Millicent
    Sylvia
    Beatrice
    I don't think he likes Iris.
    Vivian
    Eleanor
    Lillian
    Penelope - if I ask him whether he likes Penelope, he answers, no, but I like Veronica. He used to be stuck on the name Laura, but after we named our daughter Laura, he became stuck on Veronica. That's fine because Veronica is utterly gorgeous and not popular.

I love these boys' names, he hates them:
    Magnus
    Henry
    I think he doesn't like Miles.
    I don't think he likes Lionel, but I could probably get him to like it if I wanted to.

I just asked him to think of some more. He says he needs time to think about it. I doubt he will. He wants to watch the Dodgers instead. He does hate Barry Bonds and all the Yankees. Sorry, we are from L.A. after all. He loves the Red Sox. We went to Fenway Park. I love the Cardinals, cause I love their logo. But I love the Dodgers so much that when they win and they play "I Love L.A.", I get tears in my eyes. If Kent really likes a sports figure, he often likes their name. Unless it's really awful.

Girls' names he loves, but I don't like:
    Naomi
    Olivia - I love it, but it's so popular.
    Probably there are more, but I don't know what they are.

Boy's names he loves, but I don't like:
    Leonard
    Stephen - actually I love the name Stephen so much, but it is so out of style now.

Some names we both like:
    Girls:
    Veronica
    Anna
    Caroline - but he hates Carrie.
    I think he might like Fiona.

Boys:
    William
    Thomas - Kent is kind of stuck on this name, too. It's a great name!
    Oliver
    Vincent
    Theodore
    Philip
    Jack
    James
    Andrew
    We agree about a lot of boys' names actually. We have way more trouble with girls' names.

I LOVE Mateo (or Matteo) and DH hates it! He thinks it would sound strange with our very Scottish last name. Ug.

He loves Duncan, a family name that I am open to as a MN, but I just can't do it as a first name (I think "Dunkin Donuts" or "Duncan Hines")

barnaby. every time i mention it, he says barnaby joOOOOOooones. for the full effect, imagine a ghost impression during the long O part. :(

on the other hand, every time i ask him to think of a boy name, he thinks for several minutes, then says "phillip!" this has happened no fewer than ten times; phillip is always the result. i'm not sure why it takes him several minutes to come up with the same answer EVERY TIME.

I love Paloma, Beatrix, and Francesca but he's set on Ada or Adelia (which are also lovely, but the others have a bit more spunk).

For the fellas, I love Hugo, Jasper and Winston, all of which he absolutely hates. Luckily we both agreed on Luca, our newborn's namealthough when I first mentioned it years ago he didn't like it one bit. So maybe there's hope for my other favorites :)
    :: o l i v e ::

Do you think men's and women's opinions diverge more when it comes to boys' names than girls' names?
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

Im not very sure on that one. I think with boy names they always want the so called "cool" names.