Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Please choose your favorite...

McKalyn
    Madyn
    Makena
    Sophie

Re: Please choose your favorite...

McKalyn and Madyn (is this a typo of Madelyn?) are invented names that honestly look like typos, and McKenna is misspelled. Sophie, on the other hand, is quite lovely and classic.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Pam and Linda's work, but they're internationally respected name experts, as well as authors of many books geared toward guiding people away from trendy names, and toward lovely stylish ones. They were kind enough to create this amazing site to serve the same purpose, and I'm sure that by checking out its resources, you'll find many wonderful names from which to choose.

Best wishes to you!

Actually, I think Makena is also a Hawaiian name meaning abundance, and an African name meaning "happy one" according to several sources. I could only find Madyn in one other place listed as a Hindi name meaning cupid?? Where did you find that one?

I do agree with Jill on her other points though.

Sophie is nice, but very, very popular these days... It was my great-grandmother's name (i'm partial!) though, and will clearly stand the test of time. good luck!! :)

Sophie, by 100,000 miles
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Sophie really is beautiful - and so spunky sounding!

Sophie, but I would have it as a nickname for Sophia to give her more choices.

I agree with Susan. Sophia with Sophie as a nickname. She will grow up with people asking her if it is short for Sophia and she will have to explain everytime that it is not. Save her from future irritating times! I do love the name and nickname. :)

lola Guest

Aww, I'm a Yank who knows Sophie's a full name, why wouldn't there be others? (In a country with 3 million people, I can't believe I'm the only one)!

Sophie gets my vote too! Head & shoulders above the others!

Sophie its agreat name and i know by experiance its my name its classic but not very popular most girls are Sophia but girls with just the name Sophie are usually proud and confident. Its a great choice.

Sophie its agreat name and i know by experiance its my name its classic but not very popular most girls are Sophia but girls with just the name Sophie are usually proud and confident. Its a great choice.