Menu

middle names for Paige

We are giving 3 middle names to our first child - Paige. Please help us with the best combo?

Presumed pronunciations:

mirae = meer-AY
    mirelle = meer-EL
    miran = MEER-en
    jalia = ja-LEE-ah
    jalila = ja-LEE-la
    luelle = loo-EL

1. Paige Miran Jalia Luelle
    2. Paige Carlen Jalila Mirelle
    3. Paige Luelle Jalila Mirae
    4. Paige Luelle Jalila Miran
    5. Paige Mirelle Carlen Jalila

Thank you!

Re: middle names for Paige?

I love Paige Luelle. Its beautiful! Vote on my question please! Its "Opinions on Maybelle".

Thanks!

Luelle, definitely, due to all the reasons on your other thread. I vote for either number 3 or number 4. If you use Carlen, you've got two modern/trendy/surnamey names (Paige and Carlen) paired with two exotic, feminine names (Jalila and Mirae), and the stylistic differences are jarring.

The Luelle combos are lovely, though. :-)

What do u think of Miran and Mirelle?

Thanks again for your feedback jill! :). You have a fabulous ear for all this, and I definitely appreciate the nuances of your suggestions on all your posts on nameberry!! Is this a vocation or a hobby for u? Just curious. Anyway, I was kind of hoping to get other peoples reactions to the name Carlen in combination with the others, and haven't seen the trend of people holding back because the proposed name combinations were just too horrible or painful... But I probably should have just made a post specifically about a Carlen combo to get that question answered... Anyway! I do really appreciate all the feedback on this complicated name! :)

I also really do love the Luelle combos, but I'm not as in love with Mirae. I am preferring Mirelle over Mireille, and Mireille over Mirae, but you can't do Luelle and Mirelle... :(. I'm not sure I am even pronouncing Miran correctly! So for another middle to go with Luelle and Jalila, any suggestions? M names are good, but I'm flexible...

Miran
    Mirae??
    Amika
    Amali
    Amani
    Amadi
    Amalie
    Milena
    ??

Don't really know where to go with it as much when the other 2 are Luelle Jalila.

Thanks again!

I think the reason I haven't replied is that I don't know how to be helpful in this situation. Your choices are very unique, which is good, but most of them sound foreign to me, and such different styles that I really don't know where to begin. I will try.

I think Luelle is really adorable, and I like Paige, too. Paige Luelle sounds great and if it were me that's how I would start the name, I think.

Of your new choices, I LOVE Amelie, and like Milena. Paige Luelle Amelie Jalila, I like that. Paige Luelle Milena Jalila, too L heavy. I think that's the problem, you have a LOT of Ls in your choices. I get a little tongue-twisted when I try to say some of them. I quite like Paige Luelle Amelie Jalila, though.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: middle names for Paige

thank u lyndsayjenness for helping! :) and I agree about all the L sounds. Thats the reason I wasn't sure about Luelle at first too. And I love the name Amalie and it's variations, but again I am coming back to the L in it! :p not quite sure why I keep going back to L.

What about
    Paige Amani Jalila Luelle?
    Paige Luelle Zoe Jalila?
    Paige Amika Luelle Jalila?
    Paige Luelle Jalila ____ Evans? I like the sound of Mirae, but the spelling makes it feel invented. also i think this position calls for one syllable more than 2?

Re: middle names for Paige

I never said people weren't replying because your names are horrible. On the contrary, I simply thought that because the styles were "all over the place" (unisex/surname/trendy mixed with feminine/exotic/foreign) it made things rather confusing. This was my best guess as to why you weren't getting more replies, and I didn't want to see your posts unanswered. I had a difficult time knowing what to suggest, and I was simply guessing I wasn't alone. :-)

I wish you the best, and know you'll end up with the perfect name for your baby.