Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Husband's Suggestions

We are expecting a baby girl and I have asked for my husband's input. He has suggested the following names:

Ava
    Isabella/Isabelle
    Caroline
    Elizabeth
    Emma

Please give me your honest opinions of these names. Which one is your favorite from his list? Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Re: Husband's Suggestions

honestly i think i'd pick elizabeth. it's strong and timeless

all of the names your husband suggested are in the top 100 of girls names at the moment. while elizabeth is ranked 10 or something it gives you the most by way of nicknames. even if there are 3 elizabeths in a class, one could be lizzie, another libby and another betsy. so to me that would be your best bet. second i would chose caroline. i find it more classic than isabelle, ava and emma. caroline has always been around, but never becoming remarkably trendy.

While I do think these are all really beautiful names, Ava, Isabella, and Emma are CRAZY POPULAR!!! One could argue that they're classic, but I think they'll end up sounding dated. They are quite nice for being so trendy, though. You don't have that problem with Caroline and Elizabeth. I personally LOVE Elizabeth. It's beautiful and classic and has endless possibilities. I don't like Caroline as much, though I do see the appeal.

I'm curious, if these are your husbands favorites, what are yours?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I like Caroline. Ava, Isabella, and the others are very popular. Caroline is a bit but not as popular as Ava or Isabella.

I vote for Elizabeth or Caroline, two stunning names. I actually think I'd go with Elizabeth due to the nicknames, particularly Eliza. (Eliza Caroline is lovely!)

My all-time favorite girl's name is Elizabeth. Favorite nicknames for Elizabeth are Lizzy, Libby, Liza, and Eliza. Caroline is another favorite of mine.

I second Jill's Eliza Caroline...just gorgeous! (or just Elizabeth :) )

Just wondering...would your husband consider names that INCLUDE part of his favorites?

perhaps...
    Emma could be Emmeline or Emery
    Caroline to Carrington or Coraline
    Elisabeth to Aliza or Lisanne.
    Ava to Avri or Avalon

My favorite is Coraline :)

i like Caroline, but am also curious about your list. what did you suggest as your favorites?

Thank you for your thoughts! Please keep the comments coming if anyone wants to add their opinion. I actually like Grace, but my husband has never liked virtue names as first names. So, we are compromising and will probably have Grace be the middle name. I like Sophia for a first name, but hubby really cannot stand the nickname Sophie. Emily and Madeleine have always been my favorites but I already have little nieces named these names. I'm a little stuck right now. It is important to me that my husband really like our daughter's name so I am definitely considering his favorites. I think I do like most on his list. There are so many good choices that it is difficult for me to decide which direction to go and pick just one.

Some others that I discovered that I like:

Juliana
    Angelina
    Vivian
    Lillian
    Carolina
    Brooke
    Ariana
    Olivia
    Sarah
    Megan
    Lila