Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blakesley Grace Sutter

Okay. Well, their 15 minutes have long expired, but Trista and Ryan Sutter have named their baby girl Blakesley Sutter. For me, it's like a tongue twister! I actually said "Blakesley Slutter." Blakeley would have been a better choice. What are your thoughts?

Re: Blakesley Grace Sutter

I completly agree! I've been staring at the name saying it over and over. I stutter over it every time and I end up just sounding like I coughed something up.

Quote Originally Posted by ricamaca
    I completly agree! I've been staring at the name saying it over and over. I stutter over it every time and I end up just sounding like I coughed something up.
    I hear you, Rica! Saying that names certainly involves a lot of saliva!

lola Guest

When I say Blakesley Sutter even the slightest bit lazily, it comes out as Blakesley Slutter. I can't help it either, it just happens. Most unfortunate for little Blakesley , um Sutter. And I hope like heck it doesn't get shortened to Blake. Now *that's* absolutely hideous on a girl.

I hope Blakesley is at least a family name, but...

I think that to anyone who saw their multi-million dollar atrocity of a televised wedding (thankfully I didn't, but the pictures were everywhere after), this name will come as no surprise at all. Reality TV "celebrity" certainly doesn't buy taste.

Okay, back to playing nice. ;)

apparently Blakesley is Trista's mother's maiden name. That somehow makes it a little bit better in my book...

Quote Originally Posted by nicolem
    apparently Blakesley is Trista's mother's maiden name. That somehow makes it a little bit better in my book...
    well, that's a relief, it does make it a little better... but couldn't they have used it as a middle name? It really DOES sound like Slutter!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

But would Grace Blakesley Sutter have sounded any better than Blakesley Grace?

I'm just hoping they give her a nickname, because with Blakesley in the first name spot, someone is bound to slip and call her Blakesley Slutter. It's a tongue-twister of a name, that's for sure!

Allison, you're right, Grace Blakesley Sutter definitely doesn't sound any better, but since you don't use your middle name all the time, Grace Sutter sounds a WHOLE LOT better than Blakesley Sutter (even though Grace Sutter doesn't sound that great). I don't think Sutter is a very good last name.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco