Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Siena or Vienna?

Vienna was my recent favorite, and less common then Sienna, until someone told me it reminded them of the sausage.
    I still really like Siena, but worry it's difficult to say with my last name that begins "SH."
    Any thoughts on these?

My current favorites are:
    Amara Seraphine
    Ari Cleopatra (my grandma's Cleo, maybe over the top).
    Siena Marlow
    Siena Harper
    Vienna Rowan
    Viviana
    Valentina
    Arielle
    Ariana (fairly popular)

other middle names ideas: Reeve, Moselle, Brynn

Re: Siena or Vienna?

I think Vienna Reeve is gorgeous. I never once thought of sausage :) I just think of Italy, and that's okay in my book! I do agree that Siena (although, I'd spell Sienna) might get all tongue-tied with an "SH" last name.

Sorry, but Vienna is total sausage association for me. (Also, I used to live in NC, where there is a town called Vienna, pronounced VY-enna.)

Vienna is one of my favs too, I think its beautiful.
    How do you feel about the name Verona?

Oops--I can't delete this!

Amara Seraphine: This flows really nicely...

Ari Cleopatra (my grandma's Cleo, maybe over the top): Cleopatra is too over the top for me, but I do love Cleo! What about Ariadne instead of Ari? Ariadne Cleopatra is quite exotic!

Siena Marlow: Too trendy for me... :-(

Siena Harper: Ditto

Vienna Rowan: Unfortunately, when I hear Vienna, after thinking of Austria, I definitely think of a sausage. I'm not alone on this, so if this bothers you, I'd pick another name.
    :-)

Viviana: I LOVE Viviana! Love it!!!!

Valentina: LOVE Valentina!

Arielle: Both Arielle and Ariana are too popular, but what about Ariadne?

Ariana (fairly popular): See above...

My favorites:
    Viviana Moselle
    Vivana Seraphine
    Valentina Moselle

Best wishes!

even though Siena is more popular, i prefer it to Vienna. it just seems a bit forced to me...unless you have austrian heritage i guess.

-k

I'm not very attracted to either Siena or Vienna, but I would go with Vienna. I didn't think of the sausages until you mentioned it, I just thought of Vienna, Austria. Place names aren't my cup of tea, but Vienna sounds nice. Siena is just far too popular for my liking, plus it's a brownish paint color. Blegh. Of your other ideas, Amara Seraphine is gorgeous! I wouldn't hesitate to use that above your other choices. Also, Ari Cleopatra is pretty spiffy itself, but I might tweak it like Jill suggested. Ariadne, Arietta, or Arista for Ari, Clophe for Cleopatra (Although you could stick with that too, such an awesome name), the possibilities are endless. Ari is a male name for me, you see, but I'd prefer it as a nickname for something longer.

Ariadne Cleopatra
    Ariadne Clophe
    Arista Clophe
    Arietta Clophe

Thanks for the suggestions!

I probably can't look past the sausage connotation with Vienna. I wouldn't want future playground ridicule because of her name.

What nicknames would you suggest for Viviana? Viv? I really love the name but worry it's a little long. The same with Valentina.

I like the idea of a longer name and using "Ari" as a nickname, but I'm not attracted to Ariadne for some reason-I think it's the d/n combo. Cleophee is an interesting option I hadn't seen before.

So haven't quite found the right one yet, and seven weeks to go!