Menu

what is your opinion of the name Jacqueline?

I'm really stuck picking a name for my daughter...today's pick is Jacqueline. Is it too old-fashioned? Can you suggest any short middle names?

thank you so much!!

-k

Re: what is your opinion of the name Jacqueline?

Quote Originally Posted by kate2009
    I'm really stuck picking a name for my daughter...today's pick is Jacqueline. Is it too old-fashioned? Can you suggest any short middle names?

thank you so much!!

-k
    I think Jacqueline is a lovely name. It's not old-fashioned at all! I've known Jacquelines of all ages. it is one of few names without a date stamp.

Jacqueline isn't old-fashioned at all, although I think there may be a bit of a date stamp on her, I'm not exactly sure which decade. I like her in full, she seems so elegant, but Jackie is so masculine and rather unattractive to my ears. I actually have a friend Jackie who is the sweetest person alive, so it's not unbearable, but without any other nicknames that I can think of she doesn't quite work for me. But she may for you! I'd like Jacqueline, perhaps called Jackie, miles better than Emerson or similar.

I love Jacqueline nn Jackie. But I looked it up on "check out a name" and Pam and Linda say that it's lost some of its gloss. Maybe you could consider Josephine nn Josie, Jocelyn, Jemima or Jessamine. Those are all stylish names. But Jemima can be tricky. You have to live in a super cool area to use that name or people associate it with syrup. Jocelyn is super popular in California. If it were me I would choose Josephine nn Josie. It's amazing to me that Josephine isn't the #1 name because it is so gorgeous!

thanks for the replies! i do like Josephine a lot too, will have to think about it. for some reason i am drawn to Jacqueline more, but that could change tomorrow! so far i'm leaning towards:

Jacqueline Paige

or

Julia Paige
    Julia Frances

Quote Originally Posted by kate2009
    thanks for the replies! i do like Josephine a lot too, will have to think about it. for some reason i am drawn to Jacqueline more, but that could change tomorrow! so far i'm leaning towards:

Jacqueline Paige

or

Julia Paige
    Julia Frances
    Those are all beautiful combinations of names! I do really love the name Jacqueline nn Jackie, and I don't think it's ever been super popular. So go ahead and name your little girl Jacqueline if you really want to. I would consider using that name because it is so elegant. But I do love Juliet and Josephine even more, I have to say.

Jacqueline Paige is great! I agree with a previous poster that it doesn't have a "date stamp" - I've know Jacquelines from age 5 all the way up.

It's ok, but nms
    Last edited by misslis; May 27th, 2015 at 07:05 PM.