Menu

satyana (alyson hannigan)

how does everyone feel about the name satyana? alyson hannigan named her recently born baby satyana (dont know middle name). i dont know how i feel about it, but it at least does sound nice with the last name (denisof)... i wonder if its a family name? has anyone ever heard it before?
    Favorite girl names: Estella, Marielle, Carys, Doutzen, Mireille, Edith, Saskia, Eve, Sienna, Cosima, Winnie, Delphine, Meredith, Sylvie, Sloane

Favorite boy names: Otto, Owen, Aaron, Daniel, Henry, Adam, Seth, Abram/Bram, Johan, Johannes, Sven, George, Adlai, Adam

Re: satyana (alyson hannigan)

I was disappointed with their choice. I don't know if I've just never heard it before, but it sounds thoroughly made up to me. I think her husband has russian origins, maybe they were going for something a bit russian sounding? If so, there are so many gorgeous russian names, I think they could have done better. I also dislike the spelling.

lola Guest

I've met a few Indians with the name (Eastern, not American). It's not a bad name and it's got a pretty decent meaning: sat means truth and yana means vehicle; together, it means a vehicle for action infused with the grace of spirit.

Not bad. Feels a bit try too hard for the white chick she is, but it's legit all right.

lola Guest

I've met a few Indians with the name (Eastern, not American). It's not a bad name and it's got a pretty decent meaning: sat means truth and yana means vehicle; together, it means a vehicle for action infused with the grace of spirit.

Not bad. Feels a bit try too hard for the white chick she is, but it's legit all right.

All I see when I read this is Satana, which has a dark connotation to me. It might be a lovely name for a particular culture who recognizes it and knows its meaning, but to me here in MN, not a choice I would make!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

I agree...I immediatley see "Satan"

not good :(

Yeah--makes me think of either "Satan" or "Santana." And how do you pronounce it? Like "Anna" or "Ana"? I don't know: it's just funny.

Sadly all I can think of is the nickname Satan. There are a lot of pretty names and Satyana is not a prety name at all.

Quote Originally Posted by caitalinna
    how does everyone feel about the name satyana? alyson hannigan named her recently born baby satyana (dont know middle name). i dont know how i feel about it, but it at least does sound nice with the last name (denisof)... i wonder if its a family name? has anyone ever heard it before?

if Satyana lived in Indonesia maybe his name will pronounced SAT-TEE-YA-NA
    it's not too weird in Indonesia. it's close too Satya or Setya or Setia in Bahasa Indonesia which means LOYAL; FAITHFUL. pretty cool, uh?

it comes from the root Satya which is a Sankirt word that means truth, Since her husband is of Russian descent they added Ana. So you get Satyana I Love Alyson and think she picked a great name for her daughter
    It is pronounced like Tatiana but with an S
    Please pray for Lucy, her and her family need your support: http://erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com/

Currently loving....
    Henry, Jack, Jude, Liam, Beckett, Wesley, Noah, Mason, Simon, Luke
    Lucia (Lucy), Annabel, Eloise, Leah, Avery, Brennan/Brynn, Lilah, Reese, Annora, Antonia