Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

probably considered on the "boring" side by most...

but which name would you pick? having a second girl in a couple of weeks and still not sure about her name.

juliana paige
    emilia belle
    juliette kate

the middle name can be any short, one syllable that has the right ring...like eve, drew, faye, jade etc...

do you think juliana is too popular these days?

thanks so much!!!!

Re: probably considered on the "boring" side by most...

juliana paige: I love Julia, and while I do like Juliana, I prefer the simple and elegant Julia. :-) Paige is too modern with with the classic Juliana, though. (Juliana isn't too popular. Julia is more popular, but they're so lovely.)

Juliana/Julia Blythe
    Juliana/Julia Kate
    Juliana/Julia Grace
    Juliana/Julia Hope
    Juliana/Julia Mae
    Juliana/Julia Rose
    Juliana/Julia Tess

emilia belle: Emma is ranked number three, but Amelia is lovely! Emmeline is great, too!

Amelia Blythe is my favorite combo, but any of the above go beautifully, too!

juliette kate: Juliet is one of my all-time favorites! :-) The Kate middle is kind of choppy with Juliet, though.

Juliet Blythe
    Juliet Claire
    Juliet (see list above...)

From your list, I'd go with Juliet or Julia. :-)

I love your names (they're stunning, not boring!), and you'll find that the majority of Nameberry posters will, too! (Big classic name fans here!) :-) Best wishes!

Not boring at all- these are beautiful names!! I love them all but my favorite is Juliana Paige - what a pretty, classy name. I like Paige as a middle name because it is so cheerful sounding.

I actually love Juliana Page, Julia Page. But I don't like Juliet Page as much.
    Below is Jill's list:
    Juliana/Julia Blythe - this is so gorgeous! Love Blythe even more than Page. I like Paige more than Page
    Juliana/Julia Kate - love this, too, but not as much as the Blythe combo.
    Juliana/Julia Grace - I think Grace is really getting overdone.
    Juliana/Julia Hope
    Juliana/Julia Mae
    Juliana/Julia Rose - overdone
    Juliana/Julia Tess
    Yeah, my fave combo is with Blythe. Well done, Jill!

love Amelia with Blythe, too!

juliette kate: Juliet is one of my all-time favorites! :-) The Kate middle is kind of choppy with Juliet, though. - I agree!

Juliet Blythe
    Juliet Claire - this is very pretty, too!
    Juliet (see list above...)

From your list, I'd go with Juliet or Julia. :-) - Me, too!

I love your names (they're stunning, not boring!), and you'll find that the majority of Nameberry posters will, too! (Big classic name fans here!) :-) Best wishes![/quote]

lola Guest

I like Juliana best from your list and agree that Jill's suggested Juliana Blythe is gorgeous!

Emilia just blends into the thousands of Emilys already around and Julienne reminds of vegtables! (uncapitalise it and julienne is a way to cut veggies!)

Some other suggestions for a one syllable middle for Juliana:

Juliana Faye/Fay/Fae
    Juliana Lourdes
    Juliana Love
    Juliana Mirth
    Juliana Pax/Paz
    Juliana Ruth
    Juliana Sian (Shaun)
    Juliana Sweet
    Juliana Tess
    Juliana Viv
    Juliana Liv
    Juliana Winn/Wynn
    Juliana Wren
    Juliana Ziv

I think the names you have chosen are beautiful- far from boring!
    I was just wondering- is Juliana pronounced Julie-Anna, or Julie-AH-na? I hope my phonetic spelling made sense. I love Juliet and Julia, but I like your idea of Juliana (however it is pronounced!).

thank you for all the nice responses! i like many of the middle names mentioned so we're back to the decision board with my hubby. i agree that Emilia tends to blend in with all the Emilys ot there, so we're leaning towards Julia Juliana or Juliet.

as far as the pronunciation of Juliana, i was hoping people will pronounce it Julie-AH-na, especially since there is only one N, but i guess it may not happen this way.

i thought of some other middle names for Juliet (Kate is a bit choppy, you are right!):

Juliet Darcy
    Juliet Celeste
    Juliet Leigh

thanks so much again for all the input. i have been reading this site for a long time, but this was my first post.

-k

Hi Kate. :-) (I love your name!)

I pronounce it Joo-lee-ann-uh, not Joo-lee-ah-nuh, but I, and others, could always be corrected. If the pronunciation thing bothers you, though, I'd go with Juliet or Julia.

Juliet Darcy: This is just okay for me. Darcy's masculinity robs something from Juliet's feminity for me, but it just may be me.

Juliet Celeste: Celeste goes with Julia, but for me, it doesn't work with Juliet due to the repetitive "eh" sounds in Juliet and Celeste.

Juliet Leigh: Leigh is really dated. :-(

Of your choices, I'd go with Juliet Darcy due to the flow.

I see that you're open to middle names with two (maybe three?) syllables:

Julia Beatrix
    Julia Celeste
    Julia Clementine
    Julia Caroline
    Julia Catherine (or Katherine...would honor you!)
    Julia Daisy
    Julia Daphne
    Julia Faith
    Julia Katherine
    Julia Kate
    Julia Rosalie
    Julia Scarlett

Juliet Amelie
    Juliet Aurora
    Juliet Beatrix
    Juilet Camille
    Juliet Catherine
    Juliet Cecile
    Juliet Delphine
    Juliet Daphne (instead of Darcy)
    Juliet Elizabeth
    Juliet Helene
    Juliet Katherine
    Juliet Louise
    Juliet Mariel/Marielle
    Juliet Mirabel
    Juliet Rose
    Juliet Rosalie
    Juliet Rosamund/Rosamond
    Juliet Rosaline
    Juliet Simone
    Juliet Victoria

Best wishes to you!

I find Juliana to be gorgeous. I prefer her to Julia because of popularity issues; Juliana has more character for me. I've heard her pronounced both Ju-li-AN-a and Ju-li-AH-na, and I think they are both acceptable. I personally prefer the latter pronunciation. Juliana Blythe enchants me, I'd go with her (even though Blythe isn't one of my favorites). I know a Juliana whom we used to call Juju when she was a tot. Isn't that nickname adorable? :D Juliet is "eh" to me, I much prefer Juliana. The Shakespeare character rather deters me from the name, as she was a rather silly girl. I'd rather pick the name of one of his stronger characters, like Emilia or Rosalind. I do like Emilia quite a lot, but I think her name would be spelled Amelia more often than not, which would be annoying for her.

Emilia Belle is adorable! I love it!