Menu

Thread: New Ideas

New Ideas

I thought I was pretty much set on my girl names, but lately I've been thinking of new names that are a bit different than what I was originally going for. We have been in love with Beatrice, Eleanor, Mathilda, Eugenie, Leonie, Anais, Juliet, and a few others. Now I'm thinking about :

Rose : I absolutely do not want to use it as a middle, but lately I've been really liking it as a first name. I'm finding it very classic, very elegant, quite romantic, and I can also picture it on a strong intelligent woman.

Delilah : A bit different from my other choices, but lately I've been very very drawn to it.

Mattea : Kind of goes with my affection for Matilda. I can't tell if I'm just liking it as a phase or if it's a solid choice. I like the idea of using it to honor a loved one named Mathew

Celeste : This was on my original list back when I thought I was only expecting one. I fell out of like with it, but now I'm in love again. Same problem as Mattea

I would love for some opinions on these. I can't seem to make up my mind and I'm driving my poor husband insane!!

Re: New Ideas

Rose : I love Rose, Sophia! Rose as a first name is so elegant, yet down to earth at the same time. Yea for Rose! :-) Do you like other Rose names, such as Rosalie, Rosalind, etc.?

Delilah : I'm not a Delilah fan, but that's just me. I love Delia, Dahlia, Delphine, and Lila, though!

Mattea : I think Mattea is pretty, but I prefer your original Matilda.

Celeste : Celeste has really been growing on me. I think it's very delicate and lovely.

From your list, Rose and Celeste are my favorites. :-) So many pretty names!

Thank you Jill :)
    After some more thought, Rose is by far my favorite of the four and is slowly creeping up to the top of my list. I do like some of the variations, but Rosalie is not an option because it is horribly popular where we live. I can't think of others off the top of my head, but I'd be open to hearing some. Although I think a lot of what draws me to Rose is the simple elegance.
    My husband and I can't figure out if we prefer Mattea or Matilda. I think I'm partial to Matilda, but he's not sold and he likes Mattea.
    Delilah might just be a phase, although I do think it's a lovely name. Delphine is also on our list
    Celeste, I absolutely can't figure out. One day I absolutely love it, the next I don't care for it. It's very confusing!!

I love Rose, too, Sophia. (It's actually my favorite name, along with Eliza, Juliet, and Genevieve.) It's beyond elegant and charming, and to hear it as a first name is so refreshing. :-)

Rose is so beautiful - I think you have a real winner there!

Much prefer Rosalie to Rose, but I see the appeal. Mattea is on my list! Love it. I go back and forth with Celeste. Some days I adore it, some days all I hear is Molest. :/ Delilah is the only one I'm not fond of. Too much baggage.
    Top 20
    Silas/Cyrus~Gideon~Jasper~Mack(Cormac)~Callum
    Gus(August)~Abram(Abraham)~Everett~Langston~Jed/Jeb(Jedidiah/Jebediah)
    Rafferty~Leo(Leander)~Tobin~Archie(Archer)~Ike(Mic ah)
    Dexter~Remy(Jeremiah)~Ezra~Raleigh~Linc(Lincoln)

Willa(Wilhelmina)~Selah~Lettie(Arletta)~Romy(Rosem ary)~Cora(Coretta)
    Cecelia/Celia~Calla(Calista)~Nola(Magnolia)~Winnie(Winola) ~Maeve
    Rosalie~Maisy~Tilly(Matilda)~Ada(Adelaide)~Junie(J uniper)
    Nova(November)~Tess(Teresa)~Zara~Hazel~Iris

formerly chrbaker

Quote Originally Posted by sophia View Post
    Thank you Jill

Delilah might just be a phase, although I do think it's a lovely name. Delphine is also on our list
    Celeste, I absolutely can't figure out. One day I absolutely love it, the next I don't care for it. It's very confusing!!
    I LOVE DELPHINE!

Delphine Rose is stunning!
    Thaddeus (2017)
    Girls' names:
    Aurembiaix | Blythe | Esperanza | Galilea | Raphaëlle | Winifred |

Girls' middles: Jane | Quinn

Boys' names:
    Arno |Atticus | August | Emilian | Ernest | Hawthorne | Leopold | Quincy | Thaddeus | Theodore | Tiago | Valentine