Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doucette-- have I lost my mind??

Okay, we were doing a storytelling activity in class that involved a little brown mouse named Doucette and I thought, "I love this name." It's an old-fashioned endearment (think Ruby Sweetheart), and I'm thinking it would make a charming middle, perhaps as a sibling for Louise Aimee. Esme Doucette is the only thing coming to mind, but maybe y'all can think of others.

Re: Doucette-- have I lost my mind??

Awe, Melissa, I'm so glad you like Esme, too! I love it as a middle for Genevieve. :-) I'd keep the sweet Doucette as a middle name, and love it with Esme!

Other random Doucette combos:
    Amelie Doucette
    Camille Doucette
    Celia Doucette
    Emmeline Doucette
    Eleanor Doucette
    Francesca Doucette
    Genevieve Doucette
    Hazel Doucette
    Helena Doucette
    Juliet Doucette (kidding...)
    Josephine Doucette
    Louise Doucette
    Mabel Doucette
    Marielle Doucette
    Sophie Doucette
    Simone Doucette
    Vivienne Doucette
    Willa Doucette

Doucette is very pretty, and you could even use it with your beloved E name! :-)

Sorry... Don't want to be a killjoy but I am unsure of how to pronounce it!

The negative I would see is potential teasing around a certain feminine cleansing product (sorry but you asked!)

Help me with the pronounciation and I am hoping that can help me turn the corner!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Doo-sett

I hear you on the hygiene thing, but if it's a middle, how often will people really hear it?

Yes for a middle the teasing is MUCH less probable!

Its growing on me... I do like many French names like Vivienne, etc.
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

I'm sorry to be a downer, but I must be blunt: the first thing I saw was "douche." :\ While I think she has a lovely old fashioned sound, and putting her in as the middle name isn't as much of a problem as first, I still think you have to keep in mind that burying a name in second doesn't necessarily mean that it's hidden. Speaking as a teenager, I know what sort of teasing and antics can ensue! Anyhow, maybe it's not going to be much of a problem. When brainstorming, I thought of Cecilia Doucette, Opal Doucette, and Mathilda Doucette, which I all quite like.

My last name is Doucette. I was actually teased relentlessly as a child, and my name is still slaughtered to this day. No one pronounces it right, and the trend seems to be to add the "h" sound in. Its beyond unplesant. I can't wait to marry...I hate the name that much.

Thanks for the input, Camille Olivia. I guess I'll have to hold off on Doucette as a middle unless we land permanently in France. Then it's just too sweet to pass up. (NEWS: We'll be spending a year there beginning in August! Beyond that, we'll just have to wait and see...)

Oh, Melissa! That's such exciting news! :-)

Thanks, Jill! I am excited, but a little apprehensive too. To borrow from Monty Python: "And now for something completely different..."