Menu

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What's your opinion on this highly controversial name?

Nevaeh.

I think it's one of those names that you either love it or hate it.
    I hate it. But personally, it kills me when people say: "I love Neveah, it's heaven spelled backwards." But it's actually not... Ha ha.

So, please, share your opinions :)

Re: What's your opinion on this highly controversial name?

This name makes my skin crawl, my head spin, and my heart weep with sadness, but other than that, it's oh so classy. (Sarcasm intended....) :-)

I think Eden is so much prettier and it's a similar concept. So is Avalon.

I REALLY Do Not care for this name at all!!

I do NOT like made-up names. I'm with Susan-- Eden is an infinitely better option.

On the other hand, perhaps I'll start calling myself Assilem (pronounced "asylum," if you please.)

lola Guest

Not a fan here either. I want someone to explain to me how a two syllable word: Heaven, gets three syllables when it's turned around! I don't get it, I don't like it, it's evil! Evil, I say! :D

(and here I am with Jemima on my own lists, now there's a decent, controversial name)!

ew, I really, really hate it! I'm so glad I haven't met one yet, I can't imagine when I finally do how I'll respond to the parents. It's awful, I mean, even Heaven is better.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Yeah, it's a "cre8tiv" name, no, I don't like it, and it mystifies me how one person's odd creation could rise in popularity so quickly. But when it comes down to it, I don't despise it. To me, it's even slightly better than other made up/strangely spelled names like Trynitee or Nevar (apparently that's "raven" backwards..). I do not like the -aeh ending, it looks very silly to me. The whole "heaven" backwards idea is even more silly, but it was endearing for somebody, I guess. It looks cheap to me. I'd rather give my daughter a name with the meaning "little she-bear" or "mountain goat" than "heaven," which seems a little cheap and sappy, but that's just me. However, when you say Nevaeh she doesn't sound attrocious. "Neve-ayah," I think it is? Not to bad, but I prefer Niamh. Eden is still a little sappy for me, but yeah, much better that Nevaeh.

(Wow, my previous post didn't make a whole lot of sense.. to sum it up: the sound of the name in theory isn't bad, but the concept of heaven backwards and the spelling is not cute, but cheesy and embarrassing to carry.)

I think it is funny and extremely ridiculous. I can't even beileve that people still talk about it. I find it even more hysterical that (some) people think it is unique and creative. I agree that the idea and sound of the name has a cheap and trashy vibe.