Menu

Alison Sweeney's baby Megan

The "Biggest Losers" star, Alison Sweeney, recently explained to People magazine why she chose her babys name. Her daughter, Megan Hope Sanov, was born in January.

Sweeney said, There have been a lot of quirky, unusual celebrity baby names. But we wanted people to be able to spell it. We wanted it to be more timeless.

I am just curious. What do you think of her baby name choice?

Re: Alison Sweeney's baby Megan

meh, it's ok. Megan is a nice enough name, she certainly won't get made fun of for it. It's just not very interesting. You can pick a regular name that's a little more exciting than Megan. But that might just be me, Megan be exciting for her. I wouldn't call it timeless, either. Elizabeth and Katherine, that's what I think of when I think timeless. Megan seems pretty 80s to me. I do think Hope is pretty, gives it more of a punch than Rose would.

Funny, I just finished watching last weeks episode when I saw this!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

lola Guest

Megan seems very dated 80's to me too. I have a neice named Megan and she's one of about a dozen at school. It's a pretty name, but if she had really been thinking timeless, she would have gone with Margaret and nn'd her Megan. I will give her "it's normal" but even Megan is going to get asked "How do you spell that?" a dozen or more times a week as there are about a half dozen spellings that are equally common.
    Megan Hope is pefectly fine, bland but fine.

I think: ZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzZ.

I thought, "Why? Why Megan? There were so many gorgeous names from which you could have chosen, and you chose Megan?"

That is pretty much the same reasons my parents gave for naming me Megan (and for choosing my sister's name, too). Easy to say, easy to spell (before all the Meaghans etc), & they thought it was pretty. Sure, it's not exciting, but there are a lot worse names!! I love the middle name Hope.

I would prefer Meg that would be fresher :) I have meet a 4 year old Meg