Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Triplet Girls

Triplet Girls

Hi everyone,
    I'm expecting triplet girls in June and we're having difficulty coming up with three names that sound nice together which also go with our three elder daughters' names. As well as this, I'm a headteacher so come across lots of children which sort of rules a lot of names out for me for various reasons!
    I really like "flowery" names and on the "flower names" blog some wonderful posters gave me some ideas. We have Florence, Ivy and Matilda at the moment as current favourites. My three elder daughters are: Madeleine, Isabella and Olivia :)
    All suggestions welcome, middle names too!
    Thank you,
    Gracie

Re: Triplet Girls

Wow, six girls! How exciting! I love Florence and Matilda together, they're darling. Ivy does seem to be the odd one out, however. I hope I can help!

Petunia
    Mimosa
    Viola
    Bryony
    Marigold
    Primrose
    Hazel
    Hyacinth

Peony
    Lavender
    Rosemary
    Myrtle
    Tulip

And now I don't know where I'm going with this! Let me know if you like any of these ideas.

omg, 6 girls!! how wonderful. congratulations!

I like the name Ivy lots actually, and my name is Jasmin, so I may be biased, but have to say that one. I like Florence (it's my grandmother's name and one of my middle names is Flossie after her), but she calls herself Flora, which I think would be very pretty in combination with all the others and feels a little more modern. Of all the others suggested so far, I think Hazel is nice. So a few others:

Violet
    Poppy
    Zahra (Zara, Zahara)
    Calla
    Azalea
    Rose
    Daisy
    Laurel
    Lily

do the other girls go by nicknames at all? good luck with everything!

Thank you so far for the wonderful suggestions! I'm going to discuss them with my husband and see what he thinks!
    My girls do go by nicknames: Maddie, Bella and Livie :)

Gracie

Congratulations on the triplets! I love the names of your daughters. Florence and Matilda go beautifully together. I think that perhaps Ivy is too close to Livie. Maybe something like Louisa or Beatrice would work. Best of luck and let us know what you decide.

I think Lily and Livie are too similar, and Matilda could only be Tilda or Tillie, because Maddie and Mattie will sound the same. What about Callie (nn for Calla), Flora, and Zinnie (nn for Zinnia)? That's 2 sets of 2 'ie's and one 'a' name...

I noticed Hyacinth as one of the suggestions--a personal fav but Nameberry says it's a bit awkward. An alternative would be Cynthia: a variation I think works much better and sounds BEAUTIFUL with both your three older girls and the other triplets you have chosen. Nicknames: Cyn, Thea, Cynthie, or Thee

Wow! That's alot of girls! Good luck to your husband during the teenage years!!!!
    I'd like to suggest the names;

Camelia
    Azalea
    Magnolia
    Zinnia
    Rose
    Daisy
    Dahlia
    Blossom

The flowery names are all so pretty and fun! Good luck!

Thank you very much indeed for those suggestions but my girlies arrived at the end of June and have been named already :)

Florence Ivy, Clementine Jane and Imogen Olive are their names- we seem to have deviated from the initial flowery theme somewhat!

Gracie