Menu

Thread: Less popular?

Less popular?

Which of these names do you think is less popular (meaning---on boys you know under age 10) ---- Christopher or Ty ?

lola Guest

Re: Less popular?

Christopher, easy!

I know hundreds of little boys between the ages of 1 and 12 named Ty, Tyler, nn Ty and a half dozen assorted other Ty-type names. But I know one young Christopher and he's 12! That's it.

I've never met a Ty and I know lots of little Christophers. That's in eastern Pennsylvania.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I know two Ty's recently born, some older as well but the only Christophers I know are all older. I haven't heard of a Christopher baby in a while. Thats in MN. Now Evan, Owen and James ... we have had lots of those babies lately!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

While I know of quite a few Tylers, I don't know of any that are called Ty with regularity. Christopher on the other hand... Mon Dieu, he's everywhere. Every. Where.

Christopher is ranked #6 in popularity, and Tyler is #21, so it serves to reason that there are more Christophers than Tyler/Tys running around. I personally prefer the classic Christopher over Tyler/Ty, as it's timeless. What about Christian or Tyson?

Yes I LOVE Christian! The two Christians I have known were both smart and very handsome.

I second that Jill!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

I do know that Christopher is ranked number 6 in the US popularity-wise, and I know tons of Christophers, all going by Chris. Ty does not seem like a complete name to me, and while I don't know any, Tyler is pretty common (I haven't heard much of Tyson, but it isn't very appealing to me). Here's what I recommend: I fully endorse Christopher with a different nickname. I've got him up pretty high in my lists with the nickname Kit. Others you can use are Kip, Kipper, Kippy, Topher, Christo, etc. The reason I prefer Christopher to Ty is what others were mentioning- he is a timeless classic. If Ty seems like the way to go for you, I say use it as a nickname for Tyler, at least. You know what would make an awesome Ty? Titus! :D