Menu

Friend's Baby...

The baby girl is named Ivy Celeste. What do you think?

Re: Friend's Baby...

Ivy is pretty, but not something I'd use. Celeste is gorgeous.

I like it! I've been loving Ivy lately!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

lola Guest

Ivy Celeste is really pretty! Not something I'd use but really pretty anyway! :)

I agree....Pretty, but not something I'd use. You know, the more I say Ivy (not that I walk around saying it all the time), the more it sounds like I.V. (as in an IV drip). Am I alone on this one?

lola Guest

Not entirely, Jill. I do think of it occasionally when I hear it, but more often I picture the ivy that surrounded my house when I was little. I have a GF who's a nurse and *she* always thinks I.V. though! :D

Ivy Celeste is not my style, but it sounds lovely. Ivy balances the flighty Celeste, but they're both fairly whimsical. I don't really care for Ivy; when people put ivy as their lawn instead of grass (usually the case if it's on a sloped surface), rats tend to live in it.. and in truth, that's what I think about when I hear the name! I don't mind the sound though, IV isn't a big deal, and it'd be great to see a girl with the name. I like how the entire combination is feminine, but not frilly. I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, your friend gets a 8. Nicely done! :]

ditto!