Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    lola Guest

New Family members!

Well, relatively new, anyway. I just got back in tough with my three favorite cousins (all girls) and two of them have kids now. I'm not a fan of any of their names but thought I'd toss them out there to see what you thought of them:

Annalee Koper (middle is his mom's maiden name) (She's Josie's age)
    Emerson Rose (she's 3)
    Britton Prescott (he's about 6 months old now) (and yes, his suname ends in an -on as well as having the same beginnin as his middle too) *Sigh*

They're adorable kids but that side of the family seems to be naming challenged. The cousins, (in order from oldest to youngest) Cynthia, Pamela, Jennifer. Yeah. I've always wanted to play "One of these things isn't like the others", myself.

Re: New Family members!

I love Emerson Rose, it sounds antique, but a Britton Prescott Prestonish (I'm going off what you said about the surname to get a gen. feel) name is just cringeworthy. D:

Um, my deepest condolences, Lola! I'm guessing you were the lucky one with the recessive naming gene.

Annalee: Is so close to Caylee, Haylee, etc., that I started to sweat. Let's pretend she's Anne or Anneliese.

Emerson Rose: No comment. Let's upgrade her to a girls' name, shall we? Emmeline is lovely.

Britton Prescott: Wow. This one is really upsetting my naming molecules, too. I see she wanted to be an aristocrat.

I laughed so hard when I read your "one of these is not like the others" comment. Sending hugs to Miss Josephine Rosamel Anne!

I would have thought Britton was the girl and Emerson the boy!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Oh.. dear. I was slightly shocked to see such trendy names in use on your kin, it seems wrong somehow! Haha. Annalee seems slightly southern sounding, maybe because I think of it as a double name (Anna Lee, or Anna Leigh, or something.) Emerson is highly masculine to me, and I don't like it up front. Rose is just so placid in the middle. I'm glad Britton is on a boy, at least, even if the flow is wacky. Well, it's not an atrocity, I suppose. I'm sure they're adorable kids! :] I've grown accustomed to such names (my boyfriend's name is Holland, and his sister is Kennedy. Although I like their names better than these [probably because I like them as people], they still go against my naming principles!), it's just a let down when your family uses them, you know?

I just realized that Annalee is very close to anally. Not good. (Lola, one side of my family similarly went the trendy way, and I'm still stunned! Darling children, though.)

I also have a new family member named Emerson Rose. It seems to be a very common combination. Isn't that the exact name of Teri Hatcher's daughter? I dislike it myself, but they exclusively call her emmy, which is cute.

lola Guest

I am so glad to see all these responses! I was horrified by their names (if I could post picutes I would but if anyone's on facebook, gimme a shout (LolaMacKenzie) and you'll be able to see them for yourself.

They really are gorgeous kids but wow! I wish I had been in touch so I could offer suggestions. The girls belong to my cousin Pam, whom I've always been closest to. The boy is my cousin Jen's and wow, I wish she'd thought that one through, he's a doll (bald with huge blue eyes!) but wow, wait 'til he gets to school, he's almost guaranteed to have a girl in his class with a similiar sounding name. I feel bad.

And yeah, I renamed them in my head:
    Anneliese Koper
    Emily Rose
    Brendan Marc (Marc is Papa's name)

On the bright side, I have another cousin (older than me, these three belong to two younger than I) who has two: Amelia & Alexander. (a bit matchy at first, but they go by Mia & Lex). Not fond of their nicknames but hey, at least they have decent full names to fall back on!

Well, Lola, how's this for consolation: my sister couldn't decide between Kylie and Mackenzie, so she named her baby McKiley.

Argh.

Melissa,

Say it isn't so! :-o