Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nickname for Elizabeth Grace

My husband and I are considering naming our daughter Elizabeth Grace on the birth certificate, but having her predominantly go by a nickname. Our favorite nicknames that we are considering are Gracie, Libby, Ella, Ellie, and Lily(in no particular order). What are your thoughts and which of these do you think sound best for her? There are just too many choices and we are having difficulty deciding.

Thank you for your advice!
    Lisa

lola Guest

Re: Nickname for Elizabeth Grace

Elizabeth Grace is lovely! I'd avoid a nickname from the middle, it'll confuse everyone she ever meets.

Libby & Lily would be my choices simply because Ella & Ellie are everywhere in my neighborhood! I mean, I hear them a thousand times a day, everywhere I go, everytime I go somewhere. Of Elizabeth's nickname range, my favorite is Bess, then Lily and then Liz (I think Liz is refreshing on a little one again!). Eliza is another lovely option. I say wait until you see her, you'll know what fits then, believe me, I've been there myself! :D Hope that helped.

How about Lyla?
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

From your choices, I would say Lily. Gracie is adorable but I agree that it might be confusing. I also love Eliza, Liza, and Liz. Elizabeth Grace is beautiful, btw!
    :: o l i v e ::

Ella, Ellie and Lily are a little too popular for my tastes. My favorite of your choices is Libby. Some other Elizabeth nicknames are Eliza, Betsy, Betty, Beth, Liza, Liz, Lizzie...
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I like Libby out of your choices. I am partial to Liz and Lizzie! I am a Elizabeth and go by Liz :) Great name choice!

I like Lizzi and Libby! I went to college with a girl whose nickname was Bitsy. (I thought it was cute!)

Of your choices, I like Libby and Lily. What about Eliza or Liza? Elizabeth Grace is lovely! :-)

What a beautiful name & congrads! Elizabeth has so many great nicknames. Libby and Bess are my faves.

nicknames that we are considering are:
    Gracie - would stick to nicknames for first name Elizabeth
    Libby - love!
    Ella, Ellie - too common
    Lily - love! But Lily is a nickname for Lillian
    Also love Eliza, Lizzy, Liza, Bess