Menu

Georgianna???? HELP

You all have been such a great help with names. There is a debate among my friends and family about the name Georgianna. i love it and plan to use it if i am having a girl. But others say it is to long and outdated and that she will be made fun of. They also point out that if we are going to nn her georgia or anna why don't we just name her one of those names. What do you think???

lola Guest

Re: Georgianna???? HELP

I would use the full Georgianna, myself. Yeah, you may call her Anna or Georgia, but what if she grows up and wants to be the other? I always tell people "Options are a grand thing to have" and that's the truth. What a liberating thing, to be able to flip around your nicknames! Eliza to mom Dad, Beth at grammar scool, Bess in HS, Ellzabeth in college! Wow! (just as an example).

Georgianna (I prefer Georgiana) could be Gia, Gigi, Geo or Geordie too! Talk about options! :)

I adore Georgiana! I can't imagine why she would get made fun of. It's really not that long, I mean look at it compared to Elizabeth, Katherine, Margaret, etc. It's a beautiful name and your daughter will appreciate the options!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I also love Georgiana. Calling her Georgia or Anna is a great idea, but as others pointed out, longer and fully names come with lots of options. As she gets older, she can decide if she wants to continue to go by her shorter name, or the full version. I think Georgiana is beautiful

I agree. I think Georgianna is amazing. I'd go for it :)

I really like that Georgianna and Georgina. My husband vetoed both of them so I couldn't use them...but you should!