Menu

Middle names for twin girls

i think that i have narrowed down my top two choices. it will be either Georgianna and Cecilia or Sarah (Sadie) and Charlotte. i am unsure what direction to go in for middle names especially for Sadie and Charlotte. Have you found it best to go with family names? i love the names Elizabeth, Cartherine, and Caroline and would like to work them in if possible. i would like to give them solid middle names nothing short as i think that would kind of look like a filler. Tell me what you think.

Georgianna Elizabeth Rose and Cecilia Catherine Grace (are these names way to long)
    Sarah (Sadie) ???? and Charlotte ?????

Re: Middle names for twin girls

Quote Originally Posted by lauracate
    i think that i have narrowed down my top two choices. it will be either Georgianna and Cecilia or Sarah (Sadie) and Charlotte. i am unsure what direction to go in for middle names especially for Sadie and Charlotte. Have you found it best to go with family names? i love the names Elizabeth, Cartherine, and Caroline and would like to work them in if possible. i would like to give them solid middle names nothing short as i think that would kind of look like a filler. Tell me what you think.

Georgianna Elizabeth Rose and Cecilia Catherine Grace (are these names way to long)
    Sarah (Sadie) ???? and Charlotte ?????

well sadie and charlotte is fabulous!
    Sarah (Sadie) Emmeline and Charlotte Grace

Hi!

Though I think Georgiana and Cecilia are pretty names, I think Sarah and Charlotte are absolutely perfect together! My twin sister is Sarah and I would've loved to be called Charlotte! You can call Sarah "Sadie," as you have mentioned, and Charlotte can be "Charlie" or "Lottie" - really great...

I would not use Caroline with Charlotte as both names stem from Charles. Too similar, I think. However, both Catherine and Elizabeth are perfect! What about this?

Sarah Catherine & Charlotte Eliza

I personally like just one middle name, but you could do Sarah Catherine Grace and Charlotte Eliza Rose if you feel like you need something more - I just don't think you do!

Take care, and congratulations on the girls!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

i like georgianna and cecily. Unless rose and grace have meaning cut them as they do look like fillers.

I agree with the suggestion of Sarah Catherine and I like Charlotte Elizabeth. I also agree with cutting Rose and Grace unless they have meaning for you.

Definitely go with the classic Sarah and Charlotte. Sadie and Lottie are very cute nns.

I like Sarah Emmeline and Charlotte Roseline. I think that you should give the girls similar mns, but are still different enough.

Sarah Emmeline and Charlotte Annelise
    Sarah Emmeline and Charlotte Roseline
    Sarah Rosalie and Charlotte Isabelle

I know my opinion isn't the majority. But I think you should go with family names or some other meaningful name. Otherwise it's like you're giving your second favorite name, which may or may not be very meaningful for your daughters. Also Elizabeth, Grace, and Rose are THE most common middle names.

So my naming philosophy is to give your daughter the most beautiful name you can think of that will help her succeed in life. Then, as a middle name, something that connects you two, whether it be a famous or family namesake you want her to aspire to. I also think family surnames make a girl's name so distinguished. Any girl can be Mary Elizabeth Smith, but Mary Davidson Smith is distinguished and from a family that is important enough to continue the name.

Quote Originally Posted by fay
    I know my opinion isn't the majority. But I think you should go with family names or some other meaningful name. Otherwise it's like you're giving your second favorite name, which may or may not be very meaningful for your daughters. Also Elizabeth, Grace, and Rose are THE most common middle names.

So my naming philosophy is to give your daughter the most beautiful name you can think of that will help her succeed in life. Then, as a middle name, something that connects you two, whether it be a famous or family namesake you want her to aspire to. I also think family surnames make a girl's name so distinguished. Any girl can be Mary Elizabeth Smith, but Mary Davidson Smith is distinguished and from a family that is important enough to continue the name.
    I totally agree with you! I love the tradition of passing down surnames to your children.
    a name nerd lovin' the classics
    an old fashioned girl in a modern world

George ~ Thomas ~ Alexander ~ Harry ~ Louis ~ William
    Eliza ~ Beatrice ~ Louisa ~ Eleanor ~ Harriet ~ Amelia ~ Amelie ~ Rose

Vote on my ever growing namelist!?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon
    I think Sarah and Charlotte are absolutely perfect together! What about this?
    Sarah Catherine & Charlotte Eliza
    You could do Sarah Catherine Grace and Charlotte Eliza Rose if you feel like you need something more - I just don't think you do!
    I agree with Lemon! I love Sarah Catherine and Charlotte Eliza, OR Sarah Catherine Grace and Charlotte Eliza Rose.