Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what do you think of Waite?

I have a few women named Waite in my family tree born in the 17th and 18th centuries... It's not on the nameberry database, but i found it other places as a boys name. I think I kind of love it. Think it would work in the middle? How about Viola Elizabeth Waite or Beatrix Elizabeth Waite?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: what do you think of Waite?

As a second middle it would be fine, imo. Violet Elizabeth Waite is just lovely.

It's lovely as a second middle. The "e" at the end shows that it's a last name.

lola Guest

Viola Elizabeth Waite is gorgeous! I love BEatrix and Elizabeth Waite is fantastic, but the X in Beatrix bugs me when I run the three together. But Viola Elizabeth Waite, WOW! :D

Oohhh! I love Lola's suggestions! Waite's pretty, but I'm thinking it may cause problems, as when it's said aloud, you can't hear the spelling. It may be confused for weight, and your little girl may not like that when she grows up. Then again, I could be reading too much into it! :-)

oh I'm so glad you all like it! Viola Elizabeth Waite is being bumped up the list... I love how she has so many cool back of the alphabet letters AND happy vowels!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I really like it, and I love both Viola and Beatrix! I also like it with Dashiell's middle..... Rowe and Waite...... Hmmm, I like the more I think about it. :-)

IMO it sounds like you are telling Viola Elizabeth to wait

I like it a lot as a middle name. The "e" makes it clear that it's a name rather than the word "wait".

Sorry to be the odd one out, but I don't like it. It's too close to wait/waiter/weight. Yes, it is spelt different to weight and wait, but the spelling isn't going to matter when it's said out loud.
    Walter Theodore
    March 2016

Edmund Ernest
    June 2018