Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cameron what???

Cameron what???

Hello. I'm not pregnant right now, but I do like to collect names and my boyfriend and I already discuss what we would name our future children. We are having issue with the boy, though. You see, he is more traditional, being that he would like to name our first boy after his father, Carmine Joseph (the second boy would be Ethan Jay), however, although I love his father and he is a great person, I'm kind of suspicious/skeptical about naming kids directly after someone else. I don't know...it kind of feels like dictating the kid's life before he is even born. I'd much rather give kids their very own names, or just use a family member's name as their middle name.

I was thinking maybe talking to my boyfriend about a compromise. Instead of using Carmine, how about using another C name? The one I'm in love with right now is Cameron. How does Cameron Joseph sound?

Here're my considerations:

Cameron Joseph (keeping close to the original)
    Cameron Archer
    Cameron Maddox
    Cameron James (but reversed it's the director James Cameron)
    Cameron John (John is my boyfriend :] )
    Cameron Thatcher

Any imput/suggestions? The names Micheal, Anthony, Steven, and Nicholas are out as middle names. I'm open to any names, so any ideas would be appreciated :]

Re: Cameron what???

love Cameron Joseph! That would by far be my pick! I like Cameron James, too, but I think the James Cameron thing might bother me if I were you. I only have a couple suggestions.

Cameron Maxfield
    Cameron Maxwell
    Cameron Nathaniel
    Cameron Alexander
    Cameron Anthony

Ya know, I actually like Cameron Maddox, too. An M name would be really nice, my favorite is Maxfield. :)
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Wow!!! Cameron Maxfield is awesome!!! Yea, the James Cameron thing does irk me, but Maxfield I love!!! I looked up the meaning of Cameron last night and found out it means crooked nose...eh, the James Cameron thing bothers me more lol I just won't tell our son what his name means until he's much older ;]

Cameron Maxfield/Cameron Maddox

Thanks again! Time to go pester the boyfriend ;]

I'm glad you like Maxfield! It's one of my favorite middles!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

lola Guest

Awww, my compromise would be Carmine Joseph, flipped: Joseph Carmine. I dig Carmine though, it's a color name (a shade of red) and as such, would fit right in wth all those Silver, Ruby, Green, Indigo kids out there but Carmine has an added bonus, he's a legitamate name in it's own right. Not "just" a color. Aww, it's make a stellar middle and I know I'd be pleased as punch to know I had my Grandpop's first name as a middle! (If I were a boy, that is, as is, I have my Grandmother's middle name as m middle name and I LOVE that!)

And Joseph is such a sweet, strong guy name (and how cute is Joey on a little one?) Heck I know a big, sexy Joey and wow, Joey is definitely one that even a grown guy could carry off. But Joe is awesome too. Oh well.

Cameron Joseph is alright too.

Well, the thing about using Carmine as a middle name is my boyfriend has three sisters, two of which just had babies (they both had a baby--one had a boy and the other a girl last year--then the one who had Paige just had a boy in Sept) and both boys have their grandfather's name as their middle which is Carmine. The thing that upsets me is that is all sibling rivalry hit ridiculous, and I really don't want to play into all that petty stuff. My boyfriend is bent on naming our first son after his dad because he feels it's his right as the only boy in the family.

The first boy born two Aprils ago was named after both his nonnos (grandpas) Salvatore Carmine

The girl two months later was named Paige Elizabeth

And the last boy was named Jaimie Carmine

I hate tradition....:[

Cameron Maxfield is fantastic! :-)

lola Guest

Aww, too bad. Then my vote will go for Cameron Maxfield. Very handsome in it's own right (and I adore Maxfield, for Maxfield Parrish, who made a few prints that might look grand hanging in the nursery, even).

ooo i'll have to check him out =]

Cameron is tops on my list (that's if I ever lose my mind and have another baby..and I'd use it regardless of gender). Cameron Joseph sounds very nice. Personally, I'd use Cameron Robert (Robert is my dad ).

Other random suggestions...(I can't remember all the names on the out list so I apologize if I say any)

Cameron David
    Cameron Elliot
    Cameron Gabriel
    Cameron Isaac
    Cameron Isaiah
    Cameron Joshua
    Cameron Malachi
    Cameron Thomas
    ~*~Ames~*~

Proud mommy of three beautiful girls:
    Delaney Brooke (6-27-05)
    Ryley Kate (4-16-07)