Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lola Guest

A few Newer Girls

I have a few newer girls I'd love thoughts on. Please?

Aurelia
    Belinda
    Tullia/Tula
    Zoya
    Eugenie

Anything at all, absolutely welcome! thanks. :D

Re: A few Newer Girls

Aurelia- so gorgeous!
    Belinda- i really dislike Belinda... sounds like an unattractive girl, to me
    Tullia/Tula- fun! did you notice they have opposite meanings? I like them both, they could be really cool in some combination
    Zoya- sounds a little spacey
    Eugenie- really nice. not sure I have the pronunciation right, but, it's beautiful.

my favorite is Aurelia, I love that name!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Aurelia: I LOVE Aurelia!

Belinda: Not a fan of Belinda, as I only think of Belinda Carlisle. :-)

Tullia/Tula: This one's growing on me...

Zoya: I prefer your Zelda over Zoya. When I see that name, I think of Danielle Steele!

Eugenie: Pronunciation issues aside (people will say yoo-jeen-ee, when it's yoo-jzehn-ee), it's a lovely name. When Fergie says her daughter's name, she emphasizes the "yoo," which sounds pretty.

From this list, I'm loving Aurelia! Araminta, Aurora, Arabella, and Astrid are cool names, too!

AureliaGorgeous and romantic, a princess of a name
    BelindaHmm...not ready for this one
    Tullia/TulaLOVE! Especially Tula, so sweet and trim.
    ZoyaI want to like it, but I think I prefer Zora or Zara for now.
    EugenieSo, so lovely!

From your list, I would definitely consider Tula or Eugenie for my own daughter. Aurelia doesn't go with my last name, but I still think it's a fantastic choice.
    :: o l i v e ::

Aurelia - love it!
    Belinda - It is pretty. Let me think about it.
    Tullia/Tula - I like this, it's fun!
    Zoya - Do not like. I think you have some other "Z" names that I like better.
    Eugenie - So pretty. My MIL has that book called "Desiree" that I was telling you about. I borrowed it. So I am reading about Eugenie.

Anything at all, absolutely welcome! thanks. :D[/quote]

lola Guest

Thanks gang! As for Eugenie's pronunciation, I love the way she sounds for real but could happily love with you-jeen-ee, no problem. If I could get people to say yoo-jzehn-ee, I'd use her to heck with Napoleon! As is, I waffle because of that, too. Eugenie was wife #1, Josephine, wife #2. *sigh*
    I'm thinking Tula as a nickname for Tallulah, which is on my list as a family name.
    Aww, Jill, Belinda Carlisle is why I like Belinda!
    And just so everyone know, Zoya is Russian Zoe.

Tula for Tallulah is awesome, Lola! Ah, yes. Belinda. It's not that I dislike Miss Belinda, but that when I hear that name, a giant image of her head pops into my mind. :-)

I forgot to add that I don't think anyone will make the connection between Josephine and Eugenie. If, however, you had a son named Napoleon and daughter named Josephine, that connection would be blinding. If anything, when people hear Eugenie, they'll think of Princess Eugenie, who is a darling girl. :-) (I saw a recent photo of her, and can't believe how stunning she is. For anyone reading this, Eugenie is the brunette daughter, and Beatrice has red hair.) Wait. I'm confused. ;-) Is Napoleon on your namelist now?

lola Guest

No, Jill, relax. :D Napoleon is not on my list, nor will he ever be. Napoleon is a huge, annoying pig to me (I'm one of those oddballs tht re-reads "Animal Farm" on a regular basis for fun).

Lola, I don't mean to be a dummy, but I thought Josephine was Napoleon's first wife. (The second was Marie.) Napoleon III was married to a Eugenie, but I can't recall the first Napoleon being married to one. Am I missing something? Or is my noncaffeinated brain struggling?