Menu

Question about names

I very much like both the names Liliana and Rosalie though I am hesitant to use them for this reason...my own name is Jasmine. I wonder if I use these names and others shorten them, like people almost inevitable do (my husband being one of those people) when my daughter(s) grow up will they find it silly that we all share flower names? I can imagine it would be cute when they are little but at 13, 15, 17 I can see them rolling their eyes every time someone points that out to them. For now I have decided to use Rosalie as a middle name to my favorite name Juliet because of this fear of becoming "a garden". Am I am being silly or realistic about possible teasing or just annoyance on my children's part. Also a side note though this plays less into it, we currently live on Lily Lane so if our daughter is Lily will my neighbors think I couldn't think of a name and just went with our street name. We won't be living here forever (hopefully its just a starter home for us) so it might not be a big deal depending on when we have a daughter but its something I thought about too.

Re: Question about names

For me, Liliana and Rosalie aren't nearly as flowery as Lily and Rose would be. I doubt that many of their friends would pick up on the fact that you all had flower names (did you know the names of all your friends' moms in school?), and even if they did, I can't imagine them getting picked on about it. There are a LOT worse matchy names that people use. This really isn't matchy to me at all, and I hate matching names. I say, if you love Liliana and Rosalie, use them!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I second everything Lyndsay said!

Those are such beautiful names! Rosalie is one of my favorites! I do have a question for you--how do you pronounce it? I've heard Rosa-LYE and Rosa-LEE, but I'm just not sure. What do you all think?

I say Rosa-Lee.

Ditto Lyndsay! Pretty names.

Eew don't use Rosalie. I'm 16 and Rosalie is clearly a name you picked out of Twilight. That is just incredibly tacky naming your child after a teen harlequin novel and everyone whose read the book (the entire teenage female population of North America) will be dissapointed. So, good luck that.

I have never read Twilight (though I vaguely know what it is . . .). Rosalie isn't exclusive to that book and it is a very beautiful, legitamate name.