Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on my list

My husband and I are planning on trying for our first baby soon. I have been bombarding my poor husband with names for months now that I know a real baby will be coming soon. I have always been a name person and have lists for years but half the fun of names I think is to hear what others think. I would love to hear your opinion on the names we have chosen.

Girls

Juliet Rosalie (I finally got my husband to agree to Juliet after 6 years, JUliet is my favorite name of all time)
    Keira Noelle
    Vivianne Grace
    Lorelei Alexis
    Lilianna (cant think of a middle name we both like)

Boys

Drake Robert
    Maddex Asher
    Eli Cole
    Noah (cant think of a middle name we both like)

Grace, Robert, and Asher are family names we like and want to use.

These are the names my husband and I can agree on...or these are the names I like that my husband doesn't detest.

Other names I love that my husband does not are

Girls
    Bianca
    Violet
    Ruby
    Melody

Boys
    Tristan
    Xavier
    Baron

Thanks for looking. And I am always curious but what you would you categorize my naming style as?

Re: Opinions on my list

Juliet Rosalie: I think Juliet is a gorgeous name, and it's one of my favorites, too. :-) Rose is one of my other favorite names, so I also like Rosalie. Juliet Rosalie is beautiful.

Juliet Aurora
    Juliet Aurelia
    Juliet Catherine
    Juliet Grace (I see it's a family name...)
    Juliet Hope
    Juliet Katherine
    Juliet Romilly
    Juliet Simone
    Juliet Rosamund
    Juliet Rosalind

Keira Noelle: I don't care for Keira (it's just too trendy for me), but Keira Noelle does sounds nice.

Vivianne Grace: I love Vivienne, and Vivianne is pretty, too. (I first fell in love with it when I saw the Ya Ya Sisterhood movie.) Be prepared to deal with spelling and pronunciation issues, though, as I'm sure she'll be mistaken for a Vivenne.

Vivianne Hope
    Vivianne Blythe
    Vivianne Faith
    Vivianne Kate
    Vivianne Claire
    Vivianne Esme
    Vivianne Mae
    Vivianne Camille (or Vivienne Camille)
    Vivianne Laurel (as you do like Lorelei)
    Vivianne Francesca
    Vivianne Maude
    Vivianne Scarlett
    Vivianne Simone
    Vivianne Tess

Lorelei Alexis: Lorelei is an interesting and beautiful name, but Alexis is too dated and trendy for me.

Lorelei Beatrix
    Lorelei Delphine
    Lorelei Esme
    Lorelei Jane
    Lorelei Annabelle
    Lorelei Mirabel
    Lorelei Olivia (a lot of L's there, just like Alexis)
    Lorelei Rosalie
    Lorelei Scarlett
    Lorelei Simone
    Lorelei Genevieve
    Lorelei Ophelia

Lilianna: I love Lilianna, but spelled Liliana. Lila is gorgeous, too!

Liliana Blythe
    Liliana Camille
    Liliana Caroline
    Liliana Catherine
    Liliana Clementine
    Liliana Delphine
    Liliana Evangeline
    Liliana Frances
    Liliana Grace
    Liliana Jane
    Liliana Kate
    Liliana Mirabel
    Liliana Mae
    Liliana Marielle
    Liliana Maris
    Liliana Marisol
    Liliana Scarlett
    Liliana Simone

Boys

Drake Robert: I'm not a fan of Drake (I'm sorry!), because a drake is a male duck.

Maddex Asher: Did you mean Maddox or Maddex? Either way, I'm not a fan. :-( Both are trendy names, and you'll be sure to hear, "As in Angelina's son?"

Eli Cole: Eli is a nice name, although I prefer Elias. I'm not a fan of Cole, but it does sound nice with Eli.

You said you'd like to use Robert, and Eli Robert/Elias Robert is a great name!

Noah: Noah is definitely my favorite from your boys' names!

Noah Alexander
    Noah Benjamin
    Noah Charles
    Noah Colin
    Noah Caleb
    Noah Daniel
    Noah David
    Noah Dashiell (dash-ell)
    Noah Edward
    Noah Gideon
    Noah Gabriel
    Noah Harrison
    Noah Jonathan
    Noah James
    Noah Jasper
    Noah Lucas
    Noah Miles
    Noah Robert
    Noah Samuel
    Noah Sebastian
    Noah Thomas

Bianca: Bianca is a lovely name...

Violet: I love Violet, too. It's too bad your husband isn't a fan!

Ruby: Another lovely name....

Melody: I'm not a fan of Melody, although I do like Elodie very much.

Boys
    Tristan: This name is just too feminine for me....
    Xavier: I love Xavier!
    Baron: Not a fan of Barron...

Some more names you may like:

Annabelle/Annabel
    Amelia
    Alice
    Aurora
    Annika
    Astrid
    Beatrix
    Clementine
    Celia
    Charlotte
    Clara
    Camille
    Cora
    Daisy
    Daphne
    Danika
    Emmeline
    Eleanor
    Eliza
    Elodie
    Esme (ez-may)
    Evangeline
    Francesca
    Felicity
    Genevieve
    Georgia
    Gemma (jem-ma)
    Helena
    Honor
    Isla (eye-la)
    Iris
    Josephine
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Lila
    Lucy
    Miranda
    Phoebe
    Scarlett
    Stella
    Tess
    Tessa
    Willa
    Zara

Augusten
    August
    Andrew
    Archer
    Benjamin
    Charles
    Colin
    Caleb
    David
    Daniel
    Dashiell
    Edward
    Elias
    Everett
    Ezra
    George
    Gideon
    Griffin
    Henry
    Harrison
    Hudson
    Hugh
    James
    Joseph
    Jasper
    Leo
    Miles
    Milo
    Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Peter
    Samuel
    Sebastian
    Spencer
    Thomas
    William
    Wyatt
    Weston
    Zane

As for your style, it seems pretty eclectic. You like a little bit of everything (classic, vintage, Biblical, trendy, etc.), and there's nothing wrong with that. It seems that if you like a name, you like it, regardless of its classification. For your girls' names, however, the dominant theme is one of sophistication and elegance, with an exotic touch.

Girls

Juliet Rosalie - Juliet is such a gorgeous name! I'm not sure what I think about it with Rosalie. I think I like Juliet Rose better. It depends on your last name, and it will be interesting to see what the other posters think. Often I change my mind after a while, too, so maybe within a day or two I will probably love Juliet Rosalie!

Keira Noelle - this is a departure from Juliet's classic style, but Keira Noelle is very pretty, too!

Vivianne Grace - I would spell the first name either Vivian or Vivienne. This is absolutely gorgeous!

Lorelei Alexis - I love the name Lorelei, but it is an extreme name, so I wouldn't want it for myself. I used to have a very unusual name, and I got very tired of it. It's like wearing a really unusual outfit every day. Sometimes you just want to wear something cozy that doesn't stand out. I think Alexis is a bit dated.

Lilianna (cant think of a middle name we both like) I prefer Lillian, but Lilianna is pretty, too.

Boys

Drake Robert - Drake means male duck, and that's all I think of. It has a nice sound though. I prefer Duke.

Maddex Asher - I prefer the spelling Maddox. But I don't care for Maddox. It feels really gruff and contemporary to me.

Eli Cole - I would lengthen Eli to Elijah. Elijah Cole - so cute! Nickname could be Eli.

Noah - absolutely love Noah! Will think of a middle name soon. Okay, I'm coming back to think of a nickname for Noah. Noah James, Noah Charles, Noah Robert. I like Noah combined with a classic name that has a consonant at the beginning of the name. Don't like Noah Asher as well. But it's okay.

You say, Grace, Robert, and Asher are family names we like and want to use.
    I'm wondering, do you want to have second middles?

Other names I love that my husband does not are

Girls
    Bianca - would be pretty with Grace
    Violet
    Ruby
    Melody

Boys
    Tristan
    Xavier - Xavier Robert, nice!
    Baron

The names you love are fun, too! I especially love Bianca, Ruby, Violet, and Xavier.

Your naming style is eclectic because you love all kinds of names - classic (Juliet), contemporary (Keira, Drake), exotic (Lorelei, Xavier), and biblical (Eli, Noah). Look at your favorite things in your house - your favorite clothes, furniture, or if you don't like your stuff, what is the style you wish you had? That will give you a clue about what your favorite naming style is. You can ask your best friends what they think your style is. I suspect Juliet (gorgeous classic) is your lifelong style. Biblical fits well with gorgeous classic, but contemporary doesn't really go with Juliet. If you want to have more kids later, it's good to pick a name for your first baby that will set a precedent that you love.

Juliet Rosalie: love Juliet! I like Rosalie, but I think I like Rosamund better with Juliet. Juliet Rosamund just seems like the epitome of loveliness :)
    Keira Noelle: I like the flow of this one, but the name Keira isn't my personal favorite. I absolutely love Noelle though.
    Vivianne Grace: Like Susan, I would use either Vivian or Vivienne. Vivienne Grace is fantastic.
    Lorelei Alexis: this one doesn't seem to work as well as some of your other choices
    Lilianna: Very pretty. I love Lilianna Grace or Lillianna Celeste

Boys

Drake Robert: Drake is cute. How many syllables are in your last name? For some reason I want to put a second middle with this. Maybe Drake Robert Cole?
    Maddex Asher: I'm afraid the Jolie-Pitts have ruined this name for me :( It just feels too trendy. I love Asher though, would you consider using it as a first?
    Eli Cole: Like Drake Robert, I want to put a third name with this one. Eli Asher Cole, Eli Robert Cole? I don't know...I also like Susan's suggestion of Elijah Colevery nice!
    Noah: I love Noah! Noah Robert works, but Noah James is even better. Although again, it depends on how many syllables are in your last name.

Of your favorites, I really like Violet and Tristan. Violet Grace is cute, as is Tristan Robert.

Best of luck! You have some really great choices.
    :: o l i v e ::

You have such a great selection!

Juliet Rosalie This is beyond beautiful!
    Keira Noelle I like Keira, pretty
    Lorelei Alexis I've been thinking a lot about this name lately. It is so pretty. But I don't know if it is something I could actually name my kid - hmm, just can't decide.
    Eli Cole Love Eli, and also someone elses suggestion of Elias. Eli Cole sounds great.
    Noah Another great name. Would you like Noah Robert or Noah Asher? I really like Noah Asher.

My son is named Noah Michael.
    Gee
    Mom to Noah

I also love Juliet-sounds very pretty and classic. I also like Noelle.
    Gee
    Mom to Noah

I agree. Juliet is a beautiful name, as is Noelle.
    Favorite girl names: Estella, Marielle, Carys, Doutzen, Mireille, Edith, Saskia, Eve, Sienna, Cosima, Winnie, Delphine, Meredith, Sylvie, Sloane

Favorite boy names: Otto, Owen, Aaron, Daniel, Henry, Adam, Seth, Abram/Bram, Johan, Johannes, Sven, George, Adlai, Adam

My husband dislikes most of the names i like also :)

Girls

Juliet Rosalie - very pretty
    Keira Noelle - cute- very close to a name i was considering...Kaia Noelle
    Vivianne Grace - cute
    Lorelei Alexis - not my style
    Lilianna - How about Liliana Rome, Liliana Rose

Liliana and Juliet are my favorites ;)

Boys

Drake Robert -not my style
    Maddex Asher - like asher
    Eli Cole - like this
    Noah - Noah Rhys, Noah Riley

Grace, Robert, and Asher are family names we like and want to use.

Liliana Grace, Vivianne Juliet is beautiful, How about Eli Asher, Eli Xavier, Asher Noel, Asher Noah

IMO your style seems to be mix of modern and classic.