Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Twin Girls

Twin Girls

I need help picking out names for twin girls. My husband and I want to use the family names Charlotte and Alice. Any combos that will work well with these?

Thanks for you input and help!

Re: Twin Girls

Charlotte and Alice are so pretty! Do you want them to be the first or middle names, or does it matter?

We are open to both options although originally I was thinking as middle names since current members of our families have them as first names.

Thanks for your input and help!

lola Guest

Charlotte & Alice as middles, hmm. Here's a few random thoughts, keeping in the style of Charlotte & Alice:

Ruby Charlotte
    Genevieve Alice

Lila Charlotte
    Francesca Alice

Carys Charlotte
    Maeve Alice

Margery Alice
    Elspeth Charlotte

Clara Charlotte
    Lily Alice

Amelie Charlotte
    Matilda Alice

Annabel Charlotte
    Genevra Alice

Clementine Alice
    Beatrice Charlotte

Katharine Alice
    Elizabeth Charlotte

Anouk Charlotte
    Saskia Alice

Esme Charlotte
    Flora Alice

I'm just going by sheer randomness here, if there's anything here you like, let me know and I can focus in on that particular type. Hope this helps some!

I like Annabel, Francesca, and Clara as options. We gravitate towards the "Yupster" names.

I like Carys, but I like the concept, origins and meaning, more than the sound.

I was also considering Alicia (pronounced Ali - cee- a , not Alisha) as an option for a first name since there is an Alice as a first name in the current family. Although, I'm not sure if I should keep the integrity of Alice as its a family name dating back three generations, putting it as a middle name instead to keep repeating a current first family name.

lola Guest

I wouldn't substitute myself. My Mother did that for us kids (she didn't want repeating names in the family) but all three of us grew up annoyed that we didn't fit into the family then. We got family middles at least, which somewhat mollyfied us.

And to top that off, Alicia with the three syllable spansh pronuncation? That's going to give her headaches and then some. I know one, she's the 10 year old of a dear friend, married to a Portuguese girl. Her sister is Andrea, with the spanish pronuncation and the two of them are always and forever correcting people. Alicia has started answering to ah-leash-ah because it's what she hears the most and is tired of correcting everyone (she loves us that get it right, though).

Alice is a lovely name (one my mother wanted to use on me) and moving it to the middle is sufficient to keep it from repeating too badly in the family.

Now, some other names, similar to Francesca, Annabel & Clara:

Marina
    Clarissa
    Antonia
    Camilla
    Angelica
    Claudia
    Rosa
    Julia
    Livia
    Cornelia
    Stella
    Miranda
    Cecily
    Flora
    Vivien
    Frances
    Bella
    Valentina

Hope that helps!

Lola gave you a lot of great ideas! I, too, would stay away from Alicia. For me, it's nowhere near as classy or beautiful as Alice, and Alicia will be mispronounced more times than not. While A-lee-cee-uh is much prettier than A-LEESH-a or A-LISH-a, I doubt people will pronounce it that way!

Amelia Charlotte
    Anna Charlotte
    Celia Charlotte
    Cecilia Charlotte
    Emmeline Alice (I love this!)
    Eleanor Alice
    Eva Charlotte
    Fiona Charlotte
    Georgia Charlotte
    Grace Alice
    Helena Charlotte
    Isla Charlotte
    Ivy Alice
    Ivy Charlotte
    Josephine Charlotte
    Josephine Alice
    Juliet Alice
    Katherine Charlotte
    Catherine Charlotte
    Lydia Charlotte
    Louisa Charlotte
    Nora Charlotte
    Phoebe Charlotte
    Rosalie Alice
    Sophie Charlotte
    Stella Charlotte
    Susannah Charlotte
    Willa Charlotte

Best wishes!

Thanks for your input on Alicia vs. Alice. I agree.

One last twist on Alice I was considering is Alise since there was an Elise in my family. Any thoughts on this variation?

Emmeline, never heard of this...interesting but pretty.

I love Julia.

I also like Juliet and Grace!

I love Emma, but, my cat has that name!

You have so many wonderful classic names to choose from, and you really can't go wrong! That said, I'd definitely stick with Alice, staying away from Alice's many variations, none of which possess Alice's elgance or class.

Alise is going to be mispronounced and misspelled(I have a friend named Emily Alise, and everyone gets her middle name wrong), and it looks like a "made up" name.

Emmeline is one of my favorite names. I pronounce it Emma-line, while others may say Emma-leen. Emmeline is a gorgeous classic/vintage name, and it's an elegant alternative to the overused Emma.

Juilet and Grace are gorgeous, too! So many great choices.... I love Emmeline and Genevieve together!

Some more ideas:
    Cora
    Clementine
    Hazel
    Honor
    Scarlett
    Stella
    Matilda
    Mirabelle
    Imogen
    Isadora
    Delilah