Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! We need some ideas!

Hi everyone! I'm due very soon and still no name ideas! I'm getting a bit panicked... we loved the name Evelyn, but my husband's cousin just used it for their baby girl! I don't know of any names similar in popularity (not unheard of) that have an oldish feel, but aren't as old sounding as, say, Beatrice (lovely name by the way, just not one that would go over well where we live - Emma's, Olivia's and Isabella's rule around here). I don't know what do... any ideas???

Also, we loved that Evelyn has the nickname Evie, and names with cute nicknames would be an extra bonus!

Re: Help! We need some ideas!

I am sure you will get a lot of ideas here from other posters in a minute, but I just wanted to throw out the name Isalena. It is the middle name of one of my students and I think it is beautiful!

Evangeline is a beautiful name with the added bonus of Evie as nickname!

Evelyn is actually in the same league as Beatrice, although Evelyn is heard more often, making it sound fresher.

Some more ideas (and I'm sorry, Susan, for any repeats!):

Adelia
    Adelaide
    Aveline
    Amelia
    Annabelle
    Beatrice
    Beatrix
    Blythe
    Clementine
    Charlotte
    Cora
    Caroline
    Celia
    Cecilia
    Claire
    Diana
    Daisy
    Daphne
    Darcy
    Delilah
    Eve
    Eva
    Emmeline
    Eliza
    Esme
    Elodie
    Faith
    Frances
    Francesca
    Genevieve
    Hope
    Helena
    Isla (eye-la)
    Isabel
    Iris
    Jane
    Josephine
    Julia
    Juliet
    Kate
    Katherine
    Lila
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Laura
    Lily
    Lillian
    Mae
    Madeline
    Miranda
    Maude
    Nell
    Natalie
    Nora
    Phoebe
    Rose
    Ruby
    Scarlett
    Susannah
    Tess
    Violet
    Willa
    Vivienne (gives you the "v' sound, plus the "in" ending)

Best wishes!

I'm 16 and I think Evelyn sounds too old lady-esque. I see a little old granny named Evelyn, I can't even picture a baby with that name. I'd feel bad for a baby with a name like that.

How about Avelyn, or Ivelyn, way hipper, and way cuter!

Okay Navi, we get it... You are 16 and you don't like Evelyn.

Many people on this forum like a variety of names and being different and having unique tastes is what makes the world interesting. Please refrain from using words like "eew" going forward as it is not very respectful.

Instead why not simply suggest the variation you like without coming down so hard on the OP's name. Your comments will go much farther in a forum like this.
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Quote Originally Posted by erinpurple

Many people on this forum like a variety of names and being different and having unique tastes is what makes the world interesting. Please refrain from using words like "eew" going forward as it is not very respectful.

Instead why not simply suggest the variation you like without coming down so hard on the OP's name. Your comments will go much farther in a forum like this.

A) I NEVER SAID "EEW!"

B) I offered my ideas on variations.

C) Read the comment before your criticize it! Honestly, you are such an ignoramus that I feel sorry for you. Get some psychiatric help or learn how to read.

Please refrain from posting new messages because you're clearly not qualified to.

Quote Originally Posted by navi
    Quote Originally Posted by erinpurple

A) I NEVER SAID "EEW!"

B) I offered my ideas on variations.

C) Read the comment before your criticize it! Honestly, you are such an ignoramus that I feel sorry for you. Get some psychiatric help or learn how to read.

Please refrain from posting new messages because you're clearly not qualified to.
    This strikes me as odd because Erin's post was from six months ago. Navi, are you still upset six months after a post was posted? And why would someone need psychiatric help just because they disagree with you on a website? If that's the case, we all need psychiatric help.
    Also, I have had a lot of therapy myself, and it has been wonderful. I respect people who get therapy when they need it. And most people do need therapy at some point or another!

Oh Susan, I love how swiftly you handle things! I'm not sure I could have said something as nice and with as much class as you just did!