Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Still no decision :0( Advice?

I have less than 6 weeks to go until my little girl arrives and my husband and I still haven't agreed on a name. We have it down to 2. The same 2 as my other blog, but still no decision. Anymore adivce? Addison or Piper. So frusterating. Who thought picking a name would be one of the hardest things we ever had to do! It's crazy.

Re: Still no decision :0( Advice?

I have always loved the name Piper, so that would get my vote. Good luck!

I didn't see your other post, but I would say Piper hands down. Addison is so trendy and Piper is much more original. No contest, in my opinion!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

I'm so sorry you're still stuck! On the other thread, Addison was deemed too trendy, and you were still concerned about Piper (the name for which most people voted), as you weren't sure if the name would age well.

Being a Jill, and having a youthful, high-energy name that fit me to a T in my youth, I've always wished I was given a more substantial "adult" name. For me, Piper is another youthful, high-energy name that may not age well, but it's just an individual opinion.

I definitely prefer Piper over Addison (which, in addition to being trendy, is the name of a horrible adrenal disease--Addison's Disease), so for me, it's no contest. :-)

If you're still stuck on which name to choose, why not hold your daughter after she's born, and decide which name suits her best. If you're still torn, why not combine them?
    Piper Addison, for example, would work beautifully.

Had you decided on any middle names from the other thread? Don't worry, because you'll find the perfect name for your baby! :-)

If you don't like Piper enough (I like Piper a lot!) you could name your daughter Harper which is similar to Piper but to my ear somehow sounds a little more mature and quiet. Or you could name her Adeline or Adele instead of Addison and her nickname could be Addie.

I second the suggestions of Harper for Piper and Adeline for Addison. I'd also like to suggest Adelaide as another Addison alternative. I agree that Piper might not age well, but I still like it far more than Addison. I didn't see your other thread but does it have to be one of these two names? You may want to reconsider if neither name pops out as a clear choice.

Some more alternatives (and my apologies for any repeats):

Adelia
    Aveline
    Ada
    Daisy
    Phoebe
    Paige
    Emmeline
    Maisie
    Avery
    Emerson
    Ellery
    Emery
    Eden
    Finley
    Hadley
    Kylie
    Lane
    Macy
    Peyton
    Quinn
    Reese
    Riley

Well I definately like Piper. That is my pick. I love it. My husband on the other hand has only liked one name, which is Addison. It's ok, but not my fav. So frusterating, hahaha

Piper Addison!
    But I prefer Piper Adeline.

So today I met a 91 yr old named Mollie, which if I had saw just the name (esp with that spelling) I would have thought was a much younger person. But she was spry and funny and the name fit her. So I think you should definently go with Piper - she will make the name grow with her. I also think the other suggestion of Harper is very cool, but don't like Addison at all :( Hope I was helpful!