Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Narrowed it down to 2 names...

I am being induced tomorrow with my third baby, a boy. It's been a very long 9 months of trying to come up with a name. We thought we were all set to name him Griffin a few weeks ago, but recently my husband wanted to revisit my original first choice, Jasper. Now we are both completely stuck on the fence between the 2.

I think we both like Jasper a bit better and feel like it goes with our other son's name, Maxfield (both famous artists) but we are a bit concerned about it being too "out there" for family and friends to accept. And we were recently tipped off about the character in Twilight with the name, so I wonder if it's going to suddenly surge in popularity.

Any thoughts? I guess Griffin seems like a safer choice to me, but I like Jasper better. Should we take a leap and use it? We only have 2 days to decide!

Re: Narrowed it down to 2 names...

I love Jasper. If it weren't the name of a city in my state, I would totally use it.

I love the name Jasper! It has a lot of fun sounds, and I love names that end in "er". It's a nature name-a kind of quartz. Plus it's so neat that it's an artist's name. Say both Griffin and Jasper a whole bunch of times and see which one you like saying the most. You can write them a bunch of times, too.
    I like Griffin, too, but I love Jasper the most.

lola Guest

Another vote for Jasper! Maxfield is a fantastic Max- name and because of Parrish, feels artsy without really trying. Japser feels rather artsy too and because of that, makes an awesome brother for Maxfield. Griffin feels surnamey and reminds me of "Family Guy" becuase of that. Blah. Jasper gets my enthusiastic vote!

Jasper!!! Go with what you love most!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Thanks for all the encouragement! Ok, now we need a middle name. My husband's name is Paul and I like it for a middle name, but my husband is not so sure. Any other ideas? Our last name has 2 syllables, so I was thinking something with 1 or 3 or 4 syllables would be best. We don't really have any other family names to use (we already used my dad's name, Alexander, as my other son's middle name). Thanks for any suggestions!

I like Jasper Paul. Since your other son has a family name in the middle, I think it would be good for equality. And I agree that a non-two syllable name works best --to my mind, a simple one. I can understand why you were torn between Jasper and Griffin, which really are two pretty similar names. I like them both; I think I'd be torn too! But like you, I like Jasper a bit better --though I think Max and Griff sound good together.
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

Jasper Paul sounds wonderful to me!

Jasper Paul is pretty "p" heavy, but if that doesn't bother you, you should use it. I LOVE Jasper, and love it even more with Maxfield. Plus, YOU love it more than Griffin, and that's what matters most! :-)

Some more ideas for Jasper:
    Jasper Augustin
    Jasper Donovan
    Jasper Elias (I love this!)
    Jasper Gideon
    Jasper Harrison
    Jasper Nathaniel
    Jasper Miles
    Jasper Samuel
    Jasper Theodore (I love this!)
    Jasper William
    Jasper Dominic