Menu

Still stumped on twins' names

Feeling stuck here. Folks have come up with beautiful suggestions and yet we can't make a decision. Basically, I want to use Nicholas and Clover but for family/political reasons I can't use both. You've already given me some great boy names to go with Clover. So two questions remain:
    1) Girls' names to go with Nicholas
    2) Is Clover too good to pass up?...especially Clover Brookfield? For some reason it's not sticking.

Re: Still stumped on twins' names

I like Clover, but there are other names I like more. I can see how combining it with Brookfield might make you a little uneasy (although I think it's kind of cute). Maybe you could post your top 5 or so that you're also considering?

As for girls names to go with Nicholas...

Caroline
    Cordelia
    Eugenie
    Lucy
    Matilda
    Piper (similar feel to Clover)
    Phoebe
    Rose
    Ruby
    Susannah
    Violet

Of these, I think Nicholas and Phoebe work very well together (both being of Greek origin, yet not sounding out of place in English-speaking cultures). I also love Nicholas and Susannah. You could even use the unconventional nicknames Nico and Sannah. Nicholas and Rose is also very nice, but I don't know if it raises similar issues with your last name :)
    :: o l i v e ::

I never made the connection between Clover Brookfield, that there are three nature names in there. Yeah, it seems kind of cloying to me. I would stay away from a Nature first name. I do love your last name but there's plenty of Nature in it already! Nicholas is a wonderful boy's name. I love Nicholas and Phoebe. I love all the suggestions above with Nicholas plus Nicholas and Melina nn Lena is very pretty!

Nicholas and:

Annabelle/Annabel
    Amelia
    Charlotte (I love Nicholas and Charlotte)
    Clementine
    Celia
    Claire
    Clara
    Diana
    Emmeline
    Eliza
    Eve
    Evangeline
    Esme
    Elodie
    Eleanor
    Frances
    Francesca
    Felicity
    Georgiana
    Georgia
    Helena
    Isla
    Jane
    Julia
    Juliet
    Josephine
    Katherine
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Maude
    Susannah
    Tess
    Willa

Like Susan, I didn't notice the whole "nature" theme with Brookfield (great last name!), but if Clover Brookfield bothers you, listen to yourself and choose a name with which you're completely comfortable. :-)