Menu

Marina or Juliet?

I'm having my fourth baby girl due this May and my husband and I are having a hard time deciding on a name. We have it narrowed down to Marina or Juliet. I like Marina, he likes Juliet. I like Juliet, but am worried that it will not go with our other daughters names. Our first three girls are Thea (pronounced THEE-a), Aurora, and Phoebe. But I am worried that if we name our fourth Marina, then Phoebe will be the only one with a name that doesn't end with an a. Does this really matter? And which name do you think is better - Marina or Juliet?

Re: Marina or Juliet?

LOVE Juliet! I think it works beautifully with the other girls names! Good Luck... choosing a name has not been easy for us! :)

I love Juliet so much!

Juliet flows much better with the other three; it's such a pretty name.

I would say Juliet for sure. I think it works great with your other daughter's names (which are lovely, btw).
    :: o l i v e ::

Another vote for Juliet. Juliet is gorgeous and timeless, and oozes class. Marina is lovely, but I think Mariana and Marielle are more sophisticated. As for little Phoebe, I wouldn't worry about her not having an "a" ending. :-)

Really like Juliet, don't particularly care for Marina. I think it's a no-brainer.

I have to say, I am also solidly in the Juliet camp. Go Juliet! And what great names for all the girls....and what a lovely family. I hope when she's born you'll send us a picture of all the girls together!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry