Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Georgia?

Georgia?

Okay, I am officially in love with this name! I also love Georgie as a nn, especially if she ends up being a tomboy, which might be the case with three older brothers. I also am thrilled because my MIL said we could honor her by using Caroline as a middle, she grew up in N. Carolina. So I am thinking Georgia Susanne Caroline, Susanne for my mom and Caroline for his. Any thoughts? And how does it sound with Griffin, Spencer, and Milo?

Re: Georgia?

I LOVE Georgia, too, and I'm glad you've found meaning behind Caroline, as it's a gorgeous name. I have to say, though, that I definitely prefer the flow of Georgia Caroline Susanne over Georgia Susanne Caroline. I think Georgia sounds beyond fantasic with your sons' names, and the potential Georgie nickname is too cute! :-)

My mom wanted to name me Georgia, but my dad hated the name. I was always glad that she chose Jennifer instead. I've come to like the name a bit more, but even having 3 older brothers and one younger I wouldn't have wanted to be called Georgie growing up.

I love the name Georgia nn Georgie because of Mr. Darcy's younger sister in "Pride and Prejudice". Also Georgia is classic, fun to say, and sounds so spirited, too. It is on the hipster list but that's because it's just so cool.

LOVE Georgia! I'm on the fence about Georgie, but I could see myself using it if I actually named a daughter Georgia.

I agree, I love the combo Georgia Caroline Susanne more!

LOVE Georgia! I'm on the fence about Georgie, but I could see myself using it if I actually named a daughter Georgia.

I agree, I love the combo Georgia Caroline Susanne more!

Another vote for Georgia Caroline Susanneso sweet!
    :: o l i v e ::

Okay, since I'm not honoring his mom by using her name, I have been trying to find a way to honor my mom without using her name (Susanne). Here's what I've come up with so far:

Lily- Susanne's meaning
    Jane- her first middle name
    Louise- her second middle name
    May- her birthday month
    Emerald- her birthstone
    I know, it's a sad little list. But those are the only ones that I like that really have some importance to her. Feel free to play around with them, though I want to keep Georgia up front and Caroline somewhere in the mix. Thanks in advance, you guys are wonderful!

Georgia Caroline Susanne is beautiful love Georgia. What about Georgia Caroline May?

Lily- Susanne's meaning
    Jane- her first middle name
    Louise- her second middle name
    May- her birthday month
    Emerald- her birthstone
    I know, it's a sad little list. But those are the only ones that I like that really have some importance to her. Feel free to play around with them, though I want to keep Georgia up front and Caroline somewhere in the mix. Thanks in advance, you guys are wonderful!

My name is Susan and my grandmother's name was Lillian. As far as I'm concerned, I'm named after her, and that makes me so happy!

Georgia Caroline Lily
    Georgia Caroline Emerald
    Georgia Caroline Louise
    Georgia May Caroline - actually, now that I think about it, this is my fave. I love Georgia with May and the one-syllable May is a lovely short contrast to the other two names. I'm writing this a few minutes after the message posted below:

I love the name Jane, but it isn't working for me with Georgia and Caroline. All of the above are so pretty, but of course I love the one with Lily in it because I'm biased. Georgia May Caroline is amazing. I love the Emerald one, too, because it's different.