Menu

Thread: Archer

Archer

So I had a little boy come into work the other day named Archer mn the name of the town we live in. Now, we don't live in Brooklyn or Aspen or anything namelike. To me this seemed like naming your kiddo Archer Seattle - if you get what I'm saying . . . . The whole name was kind of wackadoodle and this makes me worry about the name Archer, which I really love but had never heard in real life. So I'm wondering - do you guys think Archer is a weird name or destined to be trendy in the worst way???? Thanks for your opinions in advance!! (also, I know that some folks don't like this name - along with Hunter, etc - because it makes them think of violence. This isn't an issue for me )

Re: Archer

Haha, I'm thinking of it with the name of some of the towns around where I'm from, and that just seems pretty ridiculous. I have mixed feelings on Archer. It definitely does not make me think of violence, I actually don't really think of archery as being all that violent. I love Archer for the nickname Archie, and it does have a certain elegance to it. On the other hand, it does seem like it could be "trendy in the worst way". I don't think it is really all that trendy yet, but it certainly has the potential to be. It also reminds me of the professor Paris dated on Gilmore Girls (his name was Asher, but I have the same feelings on Asher and Archer), and he wasn't a bad guy or anything, but, I don't know, somehow makes me not like it. I've never met and Archer, I think my opinion would be swayed more strongly to one side or the other if I did.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Hmm - sounds like we're on kind of the same track . . . . Bummer. Isn't it weird how meeting someone with a name you like can kind of make you think twice? It stays on the list because I love it, but I guess I will pay more attention to who is using it. Just sounded so weird!

I really love the name Archer, and it doesn't make me think of violence. Makes me think of Robin Hood. I guess Robin was violent, but he had a good reason. I love Archie! Archibald is fun, too. Archer and Archibald sound great with my last name, but Archie sounds awful. The problem with place names is you might end up moving near one of them, and then they sound ridiculous. Archer Pasadena Chesney, ha, ha!

I adore Archer, but I've steered away from it for a boy because I'm afraid it will inevitably turn into Archie (as in Archie comics...ahh!). But Archer alone is certainly a strong, non-violent boys name. Hunter is also very becoming. I knew a set of nice twins names Hunter and Taylor.

I have a feeling there aren't a ton of guy's on these posts, but from one guy's point of view, I think Archer is pretty cool. I just would stick with Archer and avoid any cutsie nicknames. Archer sounds like someone that would be good at baseball or lacrosse.