Menu

What about Tula?

My husband loves the name Tula. I am not quite sold on it. MN would probably be Elizabeth. What are your thoughts? Would Charles make a good name for a brother? What would you name a sister?

Re: What about Tula?

I think Tula is pretty, though the combination with Elizabeth is a bit awkward for me. And Charles is perfect for a brother! For a sister, just about any name with old-fashioned charm would work: Clara, Cora, Evelyn, Hazel, Iris, Arden, Maisie... off the top of my head. :)

How about Tula as a nickname for Tallulah? Tallulah Elizabeth sounds great to me.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Well, I think Tula would be the first name, I don't think he would go for Tallulah. So what middle name would you put with Tula? Maybe Tula Nicole?

Hmm...Tula... I knew I'd heard the name somewhere, and after looking it up on this site, realized that it was used in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I'm not a fan of Tula, but I don't vehemently dislike it, either. It's too far out there for me, but that's just me. I like that it reminds me of tulips, but I guess it just doesn't do much for me. That said, if you love it, you should use it!

I totally agree with Melissa about using names that have an old-fashioned charm to them, and she gave you some great ideas.

As for Nicole, I personally wouldn't use it as a middle name, as in addition to not fitting in with Tula, it's really dated (1980's,), and seems like one of those names people pick when they can't think of anything else to use in the middle. For me, Nicole is a dated filler.

Some ideas:

Tula Clementine
    Tula Beatrice
    Tula Genevieve
    Tula Beatrix
    Tula Mirabelle
    Tula Violet
    Tula Rose
    Tula Daisy
    Tula Poppy
    Tula Simone
    Tula Celeste
    Tula Scarlett
    Tula Francesca
    Tula Frances
    Tula Grace
    Tula Jane
    Tula Catherine
    Tula Marielle
    Tula Josephine
    Tula Maude
    Tula Viviana
    Tula Delphine

The above middle name ideas can be used as potential sibling names, too, in addtion to the following names that don't work as a middle name for Tula:

Amelia
    Emmeline
    Cora
    Louisa
    Eliza
    Georgia
    Ivy
    Lydia
    Eleanora
    Eleanor
    Phoebe
    Willa
    Annabelle
    Charlotte
    Ruby
    Susannah
    Esme
    Aurora
    Juliet
    Helena
    Miranda
    Lila
    Eve
    Eva
    Celia

Best wishes to you!

I'm a big fan of Tula! But I know one, so that always makes a name seem more accessible. I think it's a sweet alternative to all the Ellas and Bellas and Stellas running around (and a little more spirited). I have to agree as far as using Nicole thoughit just doesn't work in my opinion.

From Jill's combos I love:

Tula Simone
    Tula Celeste
    Tula Frances
    Tula Grace

Some others you might like:

Tula Helene
    Tula Mae
    Tula Margaret
    Tula Naomi
    Tula Neve
    Tula Sabine
    Tula Wrenn
    :: o l i v e ::

While, I too, would go with Tallulah first, Tula does kind of have a cheerful ring to it. I think that Tula Elizabeth is good togeather.