Menu

What do you think of Jomarie?

What's your opinion on the name Jomarie (joe-marie)? I love it, but I can see pronounciation problems. I think it has good sound with plenty of easy to say nicknames but I'm not quite sure... I would love some input!

Re: What do you think of Jomarie?

Don't like it for some reason, maybe its the flow for me

I'm definitely not a fan of Jomarie. In addition to pronunciation issues (I read it as Joe-Marie, but others may think it's Jahm-arie, like the name "Tom" sounds), I don't care for the name's sound. Although you've combined both Jo and Marie, the name is pronounced as a hypenated name (Jo-Marie), and personally, it's a little too "country" for my taste (similar to Jolene).

I prefer classic names, such as Josephine (and you can always use Marie as a middle name).

This is my only my wee little opinion, so if you love the name, you should use it!

Although it might not be the most "flowy" name I don't think there would be any pronounciation issues for me anyway . . . . :)

there were no pronunciation problems for me. i don't see a problem with it. i went to high school with a Latina girl who's name was Yamarie. She pronounced it Jah-modd-ee. (y like a j, r like a d)

I tend to love classic and vintage names, so I know I am biased. But I have to say that I don't like combos of names like Jomarie. I know some people who named their daughter Joellen-a combo of the parents' names. Another couple named their daughter Jossanna. I don't understand. There are so many beautiful three-syllable girls' names that start with J: Josephine, Jocelyn, Jessamyn, Jacqueline, Julia, Juliet, Joanna, Justina, Jemima, etc. Why not select one of those names and then add Marie for the middle name? I do like the combo of Julia and Anna: Julianna. And of course Josephine is gorgeous!

I once knew a girl named Joanmarie, which always struck me as unique and interesting.

not my style
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

My name is JoMarie and I have grown to love my name. I was named after my grandparents Joseph, Josefina and Marie. I know this is a very old thread but anyone that may be seeing this currently and thinking of this as a name for your child. A few people have tried to call me jojo or jomo but mostly to friends and family I go by Jo for short. I love that my name is unique and one of a kind. I don't run into many people that mis-pronounce it but from time to time it happens I politely correct them and then they feel very silly for not seeing it the first time. I have many many many friends that have the middle name marie which is very pretty for a middle name and yes, there are many pretty names out there that begin with j like julia or juliet or Josephine. I am pretty sure you will run into a lot of ladies with those names and the go to middle name is Marie. Ultimately, it is your decision what to name your child and I don't think others should judge but I love my name and I love that it has meaning and that people can say, I am only JoMarie they know. Also a side note, I have never ever had a teacher forget my name after the first day of classes they almost always remember me and my name so that is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by jo2345; March 10th, 2014 at 04:57 PM.