Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Edith

lola Guest

Edith

I've been loving Edith/Edie for a good while now and can't decide which combo I like best. Would you folks help me pick one? Review these and tell me which is your favorite, please!

Edith Alice Bertille
    Edith Esme Violetta
    Edith Rosalie Pearl
    Edith Malu Violet
    Edith Ruby Elinor
    Edith Viola Petronel
    Edith Isobel Loveday
    Edith Ruby Pomeline
    Edith Mary Bluebell
    Edith Zenobia Violet
    Edith Romilly Lenore

What do you think? Normally I'd blog about these but I'm just not in the mood today to bog people down with Edith yet again. So I thought I'd toss them out here! I'd welcome any thoughts!

Re: Edith

I adore Edith with the nn Edie (I know one that was born just a few days ago!). Of your combos, my favorite based on flow alone would have to be Edith Rosalie Pearlit just sounds so lovely. I'm also loving Edith Ruby Elinor and Edith Mary Bluebell. Bluebell is too cute!
    :: o l i v e ::

These are all nice, but there are some I especially love:
    Edith Alice Bertille
    Edith Esme Violetta-love, this feels really old fashioned.
    Edith Rosalie Pearl-love, very soft.
    Edith Malu Violet
    Edith Ruby Elinor-super love! I love the rhythm of it.
    Edith Viola Petronel
    Edith Isobel Loveday
    Edith Ruby Pomeline-really love, like a ruby apple.
    Edith Mary Bluebell-love, especially Mary with Bluebell. Reminds me of an English meadow.
    Edith Zenobia Violet
    Edith Romilly Lenore-love because I love "The Raven" so much! And I really like the way Romilly starts with an "r" like raven and then the next name is Lenore. I think this one is my fave. I think Lenore needs to come back in style! Right now!

Edith Romilly Lenore is DIVINE!

I love, love Edie...I am still undecided about Edith, but your combos just gave her major points in my book!

Now that I look at your list again, I also love Edith Viola Petronel. Names often grow on me. By tomorrow I will probably just love every name on the list.

Edith. Hmm... I really like the nickname Edie, but for me, Edith will forever be Edith Bunker from All In The Family. :-)

Edith Alice Bertille: I like the Edith Alice part of the name, but you lost me at Bertille!

Edith Esme Violetta: I love the flow of Esme Violetta.

Edith Rosalie Pearl: I really like the Rosalie Pearl combination...

Edith Malu Violet: Not a fan of Malu...

Edith Ruby Elinor: I really like this combination, and would love Edith Ruby Eloise, too!

Edith Viola Petronel: Love Viola, but not Petronel, as it reminds me of petroleum...

Edith Isobel Loveday: This has a nice flow...

Edith Ruby Pomeline: I'm not liking the "b" sound in Ruby followed by the "P" of Pomeline.

Edith Mary Bluebell: I'm not a fan of this combination, but would have liked Edith Mary Beatrix.

Edith Zenobia Violet: I really like this one, Lola.

Edith Romilly Lenore: Too "L-heavy" for me.

My favorites, in order:
    Edith Esme Violetta
    Edith Rosalie Pearl
    Edith Ruby Elinor

Is Maud gone?

1) Edith Isobel Loveday- such a lovely flow, and Loveday is just so sweet... this combo makes me feel all dreamy, i love it!
    2) Edith Mary Bluebell- absolutely love Mary and Bluebell next to each other! This one is so happy!
    3) Edith Rosalie Pearl- Edith Rosalie is gorgeous, not sure if Pearl is the best with them, though... i like Edith Rosalie Loveday
    4) Edith Ruby Pomeline- something really nice about this one, can't put my finger on it though!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Hmm, put me in a strong but vocal minority who prefer Edith to Edie. I have no Bunker associations, having never seen a single episode of the show. For me Edith is pretty and dainty and refined, la Edith Wharton, and my niece's adorable grandmother. Edie, on the other hand, is Edie McClurg to me-- call it the "Ferris Bueller" factor.

Edith Alice Bertille-- I do like Bertille, but the combination just doesn't flow for me
    Edith Esme Violetta-- LOVE Esme. I'd probably go for Violet over Violetta.
    Edith Rosalie Pearl-- adorable.
    Edith Malu Violet-- the Malu distracts from Edith and steals all her thunder.
    Edith Ruby Elinor-- cute, but I'm almost on Ruby overkill these days.
    Edith Viola Petronel-- lovely
    Edith Isobel Loveday-- love Isobel, but Loveday isn't working for me; it feels made up.
    Edith Ruby Pomeline-- Pomeline is fabulous, but again, I think I'm just burned out on Ruby
    Edith Mary Bluebell-- thumbs down for Bluebell.
    Edith Zenobia Violet-- Zenobia doesn't do anything for me; I prefer Zelda or Zara for cool Z names. I keep hearing "Nubian" in Zenobia. Also, EZ as initials might be troublesome. (I have a friend whose initials spell OAF and another's who spell WAK.)
    Edith Romilly Lenore-- great sound, but something about Romilly is nagging at me-- there's some association I have with the name that I can't place. Hmm...

My favorites here are Edith Esme Violetta and Edith Viola Petronel.

lola Guest

Thanks Gang!

olivegreen, consider your vote for Edith Rosalie Pearl counted! as well as seconds ERE & EMB.

Susan, you kill me! Edith Romilly Lenore is definitley one of my favorites. But I like your reasons for all of them! :D Edith Viola Petronel is easily anther favorite of mine.

ielah, Thanks! Vote counted!

Jill, Edith Zenobia Violet is one of his! Zenobia & Zuleika are the two he'd name her if I wasn't around. He kills me! :P Votes counted. And no, Maud's still around. #1, Maud India Scarlett. Easily staying there. I had thought Maud Lucy Rupinder but even she can't hold a candle to Maud India Scarlett for me!

Lyndsay, consider yours counted as well. EIL, EMB & E Ruby P with E Rosalie P in fourth.

Melissa, thanks! Consider them counted! If you remember that connection with Romilly, let me know. Because I've been trying to find a place for it for three years now and I think this is my favorite of the Romilly's (except for Romilly Alice Kathleen). Too bad about you & Ruby. I'm using it to honor me (who always wanted to be Cleopatra!) since Ruby is my birthstone. Beats using July in my book!
    I did end up blogging about these today becuase oddly enough, every combo for me is associated with a type of music so I sat down, thought it out and listed them all. Not sure of anyone'll bother but it's there and I feel better now. :) Had to comment on Edith/Edie for a sec. Edith is all Wharton to me, Although Edith Bunker just makes it more endearing. She may have been a 'dingbat" but such a sweet one. I loved her as a kid. And Edie? I love Edie McClurg, but Edie to me is Edie Brickell. She who married Paul Simon. Yeah. I loved her way back when; I mean musically. ;) So both work beautifully for me and I have little to no fear of anything with Edith/Edie. I think she's awesome and could easily trail Maud if I find the right combo.

With us, He gets final say for the boys, I get final say for the girls. But we're trying to work our individual ideas together so we're both at least happy with whatever the other one picks. It's a bit flawed but untimately what works for the two of us.

Lola, I seriously don't know how you'll find anything more elegant and beautiful than Maud India Scarlett. That name is perfect in every way, and I love it so much! At first, I didn't like India, but I've come to adore it as an integral part of this combo.

I really did like the Zenobia part of the Edith combination, as I think it's an interesting middle name. Tina Fey used it for her daughter, Alice Zenobia, with Zenobia being named after Tina's mom. I believe Zenobia is Greek (her mom is Greek).

What's your number one name for a little boy these days? (If you don't want to share it due the whole India Scarlett trauma, that's totally understandable!)