Menu

Thread: Elphaba

Elphaba

I know - it's just a the letters of L F B spelled out(for Frank L. Baum) and is the name of the wicked witch, and would always be associated with Wicked....

But all of that aside, could this work as a name? I'm loving the nickname Elphie at the moment....is there another more conventional way to get there?

Re: Elphaba

Elphie is cute but this name remindes me of alphabet or elephant :( sorry

lola Guest

If she's green and fangy, perfect, otherwise, give it to the next pet. Far too associated with "Wicked".

Thank you for bringing me to my senses. :)

Alphabet. I like Lola's suggestion of the cat.

I love it too, but it's definitely not usable as a name... who knows, maybe it will be in 20 years. I also adore Elfie, not sure there's any other way you can get to that.

I also love the name Nessarose, but she's way too wicked to name a baby after... Fiyero is a pretty cool name, too... i wonder if that's at all usable, probably not...

*edited because i spelled to, too
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

don't forget Galinda!

yeah, I didn't mention Galinda because I don't think it has a very nice sound. I like Glinda much better, but I actually knew a girl named Glinda and even though I'm a huge Wizard of Oz fan, I just thought it was so lame that that was actually her name. She didn't really have much of a personality at all, maybe if she was a cool girl I would have thought Glinda was a cool name on a real person... but she kinda killed it for me.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

lola Guest

Lyndsay, I'd use Fiyero, it's pretty spiffy, actually. I think it might get mangled spelling -wise though, my brain can come up with Fieryo & Fiero as alternate spellings. Fiero is a late model car!

Nessarose, as a non smush would be pretty. Maybe Agnes Rose or Vanessa Rose, nn Nessa Rose would really be pretty!

I've always liked Glinda, sound wise but then anyone can tell; I love the Gl- sound. As a kid, I wanted Glinda's dress! But Elfaba is just too associated with Wicked for me, I've gheard the others before. Even the car makes Fiyero pretty accessible, I think.

I think Elphaba would be a great mn if you really love it. For me it's too tied to Wicked and Elephants to really hold a great amount of appeal. But it does have that great mystic-sound to it and could really compliment the right fn nicely.
    Lorelei - 05/2016
    Fiona - 03/2019