Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

middle name for Mackinlee

I think that we have decided on MacKinlee but now I need help with middle names. He likes Mackinlee Elizabeth but I think that is a mouth full HELP

Re: middle name for Mackinlee

How about Mackinlee Joy, Mackinlee Hope, or Mackinlee Rose?
    I am reading Mackinlee as Mackin'-lee. Is that how you are going to pronounce it?

I read it as Ma-kin-lee.
    What about:

Mackinlee Ruth
    Mackinlee Violet
    Mackinlee Adelaide
    Mackinlee Jordana
    Mackinlee Scarlett

No it is pronounced Ma-kin-lee like Mackenzie

I was going to spell it as Makinlee but everyone said that it needed the "C" to make it Mackinlee

So it's like McKinley (as in the president and cutest version of all McNames)? I think Mackinlee Jane sounds nice, but it doesn't look as good as Mackinlee Rose, Hope, or Faith.

I think that you're right, this spelling is much better. Mackinlee Rose was the 1st name to pop into my head, if the sweetie likes Elizabeth what about Mackinlee Beth, Mackinlee Lisle or Mackinlee Eliza?

This is your baby, and and while you need to pick the name and spelling that work best for you, I wanted to let you know that even with the added "c," I'm still mispronouncing the name.

When I see Mackinlee, I pronounce it "Mackin'-lee," not "Ma-KIN-lee," and I have to assume I'm not alone on this.

It's one thing to change the spelling of a two syllable name, such as turning Cayley into Caylee, but with a three-syllable name like McKinley, a change in spelling disrupts the name's authentic pronunciation.

I saw Makinlee as "Makin'-lee," which, as Pam wrote, sounded like "Makin' tea." The added "c" does help correct the pronunciation of the "a", but it does nothing to emphasize the middle syllable of the name.

If you have to change the ending to "ee," McKinlee would solve the pronunciation problem. After a small c, the K (and the middle sylllable) is clearly emphasized.

I thought you'd want to know, as it would be a shame for people to mispronouce her name. I may be alone on this, but I still thought I should let you know. :-) Would you consider McKinlee?

More ideas:

Mackinlee Belle
    McKinley Blythe
    McKinley Elise
    McKinley Brooke
    McKinley Paige
    McKinley Rose (someone else suggested this, and I think it's my favorite combination, along with the already suggested McKinley Hope and McKinley Faith)
    McKinley Sage
    McKinley Tess
    McKinely Erin
    McKinley Aveline
    McKinley Avalon

I actually like McKinley Elizabeth, and don't find it a mouthful!

I am so glad because my husband is set on it. I am going to have to consider the spelling though because i would hate for her to go through life having to correct her name. Thanks and actually my other daughters name is Caylee, how funny for you to bring that up:)

OK I need more advice on the spelling I am all cofused now HELP