Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Thing...

lola Guest

Weird Thing...

In the "What names are you thinking about for your baby" forum, there's a lady who posted yesterday with daughters India Scarlett & Ruby Ophelia. Now, my weird thing is this; our top girls combo almost matches: Maud India Scarlett.
    It freaked me out a little bit. Well, more than a little bit. Would you still use it, if it was your combo? I'm fairly certain the world could stand it and will use it if we have a girl. I just love Maud India Scarlett to pieces! But how weird do *you* think it is and what would you do?

Re: Weird Thing...

Quote Originally Posted by lola
    In the "What names are you thinking about for your baby" forum, there's a lady who posted yesterday with daughters India Scarlett & Ruby Ophelia. Now, my weird thing is this; our top girls combo almost matches: Maud India Scarlett.
    It freaked me out a little bit. Well, more than a little bit. Would you still use it, if it was your combo? I'm fairly certain the world could stand it and will use it if we have a girl. I just love Maud India Scarlett to pieces! But how weird do *you* think it is and what would you do?
    Lola, I almost wonder whether someone was putting you on. Because there was a post on India Scarlett and right away there was another post on Maud. Too coincidental I think. Maud India Scarlett is a gorgeous name. It is not common. But maybe you shouldn't put your favorite names out there for people to see because they might get copied. You might even start a trend! Maybe Nameberry should have a forum where only your trusted posters could get in to see your name combos. I don't know, what do you think? You don't have to worry that I will copy your names because I'm not going to have any more babies and I'm going to name my next pet Pompy, Francie, Queenie, or Skipper. Plus if I had more babies I probably would be super boring and name them Philip or Anna. That's my style plus a really long middle name.

Lola,

I agree with Susan. I thought for sure that someone was just making up posts. Maud and India Scarlett in the same week? It's too weird to me. There were also several Rubie's (spelled like this) in the same week. Really? Please tell me the spelling R-u-b-i-e is not catching on!
    Top 10 Girls: Louisa, Helen, June, Frances, Elizabeth, Alice, Eleanor, Clara, Hazel, Sylvia
    Top 10 Boys: Henry, August, Samuel, Walter, Peter, William, Archer, Lewis, Theodore, Eliot

lola Guest

Susan, I wasn't sure if it was a put- on or not and I don't mind starting a trend, really but I think I won't be putting whole combos out there much more at least for a while. I'd like a private forum but I'm not going to insist on one, it seems a bit much, I think. I was never worried about you taking them! :) Honest!
    Kim, maybe you're onto something. I had this happen at BabyNamesWorld too, it's what made me leave that site. Not leaving here, but not posting full combos anymore! Not til I get pregnant again, anyway! :)

Thanks Guys!

I just looked up babynamesworld and I don't like it because it's ugly-ugly graphics. I love this site because it is well designed.

I would still definitely use it. It's an absolutely beautiful combination. If it's coincidental and you don't even know the other family, I don't think it's a problem at all. You seem to have very particular taste (I mean this as a compliment!) and dare using names that are not mainstream or likely to be. Because of this, I wouldn't worry too much about people "stealing" your names. I really do hope we can keep discussing our full ideas here cause you ladies' opinions and input are so useful!!

when i first saw that post i assumed you had written it! what are the odds of two India Scarletts? It's definitely weird, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to put you on... why would anyone do that? It is a really beautiful pairing, so maybe it's not so strange that someone else would have thought of it. Another idea, I have noticed that a lot of the people on here seem to have really similar tastes, which are completely different than most people's. Maybe we've all been influenced by Pam and Linda's books, so it's a little more likely to run into someone on here that would like the same names as you than on another site... I don't know, it's still really weird. I'd still use it though, no question.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Hey Lola, I know I mentioned stealing Maud India Scarlett if you don't use it, but just for the record, I was teasing. So I hope I didn't contribute to your nervousness, it was certainly not my intention! I never even noticed the coincidental postings of Maude, Rubie, etc. Strange things are afoot at the Nameberry boards...

But yeah, if I were you, I'd still use the name, no question. It's gorgeous!

lola Guest

Don't worry Melissa, I wasn't worried about any of the regulars I see here stealing anything. It's the ones that post once or twice and the vanish that make me nervous. :) And I'm getting over the freak out. Maud India Scarlett is a definite for us and I am loving her to pieces. Now to get pregnant again!

I would actually be flattered if anyone wanted to steal my name idea. Except there are tons of girls named Laura Elizabeth! I guess I am not very original. Now my son's middle name Sebastian is popular. I doubt anyone would want to steal Anna. :^) It's kind of like stealing the flavor of vanilla.