Menu

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quirky names from your family tree?

What are some of the more unusual finds from your family tree? Some of mine: Americus, Tullo, Claude, Prosper, Attillo, Dominico, Magdalena, Amalie, Araminta and Temple.
    :: o l i v e ::

lola Guest

Re: Quirky names from your family tree?

Primrose, Esmeralda, Rosamel, Dahlia, Quincy, Dmitriy, Valentin & Cosmo are some of the really odd onews. I WISH Araminta was in my tree somewhere! :)

Clyde, Faye (b), Orpha, Evin (b), Myrtle, Rudelle, Shine (b) and the two I still find perplexing: Dorcas and Mayo (g).

I'm almost ready to bring Clyde back. What do you think-- ready for revival?

Clyde seems to have the same feel as Wyatt, Gus, etc. so I'd say it definitely has revival potential. It's really cute actually; a more laid-back version of Clive.

Lola, you have some real gems in your tree! I love Dahlia, Rosamel and Quincy in particular.
    :: o l i v e ::

lola Guest

Melissa2, I'm thinking Clarence, nn Clancy, so yeah, I think it's time for things like Clancy & Quincy to come back to the boys. (I think those two in particular are hideous on girls)

Olivegreen, thanks! I used Rosamel in the middle of my daughter's name, it ws the most important family name/surname for a girl and she's the first one in my family since my sister!

Kirby, Hilton, Ross, Quentin, General Pinckney, Duke, Marmaduke, Bernard, Chester, Clyde, Seth, Chuka, Narcissa, Gladys, Velma, Flora.
    Middles Names:
    Mendenhahl, Arthur (for a girl), Page (for a guy), Stanley, Wayne, Newton, DeWitt, and Lura.
    By marriage:
    Leroy, Ruby Bea, Albert, Eugene, Bertha, Harvey

I met a 30 year old Quincy (male) this year. I'd never met a Quincy before. I like it! Quite dashing, yet down to earth.
    Top 10 Girls: Louisa, Helen, June, Frances, Elizabeth, Alice, Eleanor, Clara, Hazel, Sylvia
    Top 10 Boys: Henry, August, Samuel, Walter, Peter, William, Archer, Lewis, Theodore, Eliot

Xury (x2), Athanacius (at least two of them), Strangeman (pronounced strong-man, supposedly: http://home.earthlink.net/~glendaalex/strange.htm), Icalier, Permelia, Jerusha (x2)...

Plenty more weirdness where those came from, but I would have to look them up.

I have some crazy names in my family tree;

Zelpha (girl)
    Octavia Josephine
    Wilhelmina

Sythabel, Thornhill, Waddy (male), Thomson, Lilburn, Permelia, Wilbert, Miltson, Durwood, Meriweather (male), Mignon, and Pulsifer. Don't know if any of them are ready for a comeback, even within my family. lol Though Permelia is kind of pretty.