Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lola Guest

Help me decide which one is better

I have two names, four combos, which of each do you like best, please. A why or why not would be lovely too. :)

Here:
    Lucretia Ruby Iris or Lucretia Ruby Elinor?

Maud India Scarlett or Maud Portia Rupinder? (Since Cleo's gone by the wayside as a nickname)

and a question, What do you think of Tullia? she's been enchanting me recently.

Thanks!

Re: Help me decide which one is better

Lucretia Ruby Iris. Ruby is precious, and Iris is just more interesting than Elinor. I also like the matching rhythm of Ruby and Iris together.

Maud India Scarlett. As you would say, *swoon* ;) I have nothing against Portia Rupinder, but India Scarlett just makes my toes curl. I LOVE it. Enough that if you don't use it, I might steal it.

I like Tullia in the abstract, but then when I say it aloud I keep hearing "tulle" and "tool" and "tulip." What do you think of Tallulah as an alternative? Too trendy?

ugh, i already responded to this, but i just got a new laptop and am getting used to the touch pad and buttons and everything and somehow i erased it... no idea how.

I definitely prefer Lucretia Ruby Iris. I love Lucretia Ruby, but I don't think Iris or Elinor is that right match for it. Lucretia Ruby though? Beauty!

Maud India Scarlett is my favorite of the whole bunch! She feels so very balanced. Gorgeous, yet grounded. Maud Portia Rupinder doesn't work for me, Portia just doesn't seem to work in the middle, I'd prefer Maud India Rupinder... Maud India just works beautifully together.

Tullia- would that be Tool-EE-ah or Tool-ya? Either way, I like it. Does remind me of Tulle and Tulips, but neither of those are bad associations! Tullia could be really beautiful in the right combination.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Lucretia Ruby Iris or Lucretia Ruby Elinor? These are both really pretty, but I love Lucretia Ruby Iris a little more. I think it's because when you combine Lucretia with Ruby with Iris, Lucretia stays in the spot light. It's the only name in the three names that has an "l" and the only one with three syllables. When you put Elinor into the mix with Lucretia and Ruby, Elinor has an "l" and three syllables so suddenly Ruby is the star that's different and stands out. I think Lucretia should be the star of the show.

Maud India Scarlett or Maud Portia Rupinder? I find it very satisfying to say Maud and India together. It's lots of fun. Then Scarlet takes it up to heaven. mmmmm...

and a question, What do you think of Tullia? she's been enchanting me recently. What are you going to put her with?

lola Guest

Thanks guys!
    Melissa, Tullia is three syllables for me, tull-ee-ah. I'm working on combos now. Had it up front but I think the middle's a better place. Funny you brought up Tallulah. I adore it, and it was the name of my Grandad's mother (My Pop's Pop). I think it's awesome and spuky as all get out but I wonder if it's too tied to Demi & Bruce's girl?

Lyndsay, thanks for trying again. I do that here too, there's some odd keystroke that erases everything. If I figure out which one it is, I'll let you know, since you seem to be doing it too! No stealing until I'm sure another one's never going to happen! I've moved her to my front runner, I love her so much. As for Tullia, tull-ee-ah, not quite tool.

peach Guest

Tullia is lovely and much less trendy than Tallulah. I like it! Also, I have to agree with the other posters that Maud India Scarlett is gorgeous! Perfect balance and exoticism without being weird or trendy sounding. I'm envious :)

lola Guest

Tallulah, trendy? She's never been on the SSA charts, ever. I checked. I know she's heard a small bit, but never more than that. How is Tallulah trendy? (I have to know) :D

I can see how you'd consider Tallulah trendy. Obviously it's really not if it's never charted. It's just got a trendy sound, like Delilah, I can't check how that's charted, but it seems trendy to me, even though it's not. Tallulah has been used by a celebrity or two, right? That kinda makes names seem more popular than they are.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

lola Guest

I checked Delilah for you, Lyndsay, The years she charted: 1881-1905, 1908 - 1924, 1926. 1928 - 1937, 1941 - 1944, 1948 - 1958, 1960, 1970 - 1971, 1973 - 1980, 1982 - 1988, 1997 - 2007 and in 2007 she ranked 298, higher than she ever has before.

And Tallulah's trendy, Hah! :D Three celebritites have used tallulah, I think: The Willis, LeBon & Dempsey, If I recall right. I'm not worrid about those three. In fact, Dempsey's Tallulah's the youngest, I believe. LeBon's has got to be a late teen, if not in her early 20's by now, and Willis is a late teen herself, no? Mid teen maybe? I forget those kids a lot. it doesn't bother me since there is a family connection, tenuous as it may be.

I think it just feels trendier because it has celebrity status. (Not only Bruce & Demi, but also Dr. McWhosis from Gray's Anatomy.) So maybe that makes it appeal to folks who want a totally off-the-charts name. Regardless, I think Talullah is adorable.