Menu

bridger or bauer for first name for boy?

we cant decide between bridger or bauer for our 3rd babies name! my mom says bauer sounds like bow-wow to her but I'm in love with it! middle name will most likely be james! thanks!

Re: bridger or bauer for first name for boy?

I think that I like Bauer James better.

Hi. When I hear Bridger, I think of my friend's pretentious husband, followed by the actor Todd Bridges (from Diff'rent Strokes), and when I hear Bauer, I think of Eddie Bauer, someone who bows all day, and finally, bowels.

If I had to choose between Bridger and Bauer, I think I'd have to go with Bridger. Of course, this is just my opinion, and you need to pick the name that works best for you.

I like Bauer James alot better. I think that Bow wow would be the last thing to come to mind for Bauer

I think I also prefer Bauer. It doesn't have the dog connotation for me at all, and it has a bit more warmth than Bridger. Some similar names that come to mind: Barrett, Beckett, Archer, Baxter.
    :: o l i v e ::

PLEASE don't call him Bauer, it means farmer in German, which is rudely used as an insult, i.e. to call somebody simple minded

Yep, I am from Germany and I have to agree. Bauer is at times used as an insult.
    If any of the other kids at school find that out, your kid is going to be in trouble.