Dashiell Grant
    Dashiell Drake
    Dashiell Nick
    Dashiell Frost
    Dashiell Robert
    Dashiell Rowe
    Dashiell Thomas
    Dashiell William

I'm very much leaning toward using two middles, but if you think of a good combo with the other names I've listed, let me know! Thanks!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: Dashiell Combinations... Vote!

I have two middle names, and I wouldn't recommend it (it was a nightmare with college records/applications, etc.).
    I love Dashiell Grant, and I like Dashiell Nicholas (I think Dashiell Nick sounds too abrupt). All in all, Dashiell is a great choice :)
    Favorite girl names: Estella, Marielle, Carys, Doutzen, Mireille, Edith, Saskia, Eve, Sienna, Cosima, Winnie, Delphine, Meredith, Sylvie, Sloane

Favorite boy names: Otto, Owen, Aaron, Daniel, Henry, Adam, Seth, Abram/Bram, Johan, Johannes, Sven, George, Adlai, Adam

Because of what you explained earlier, I like Dashiell August Nick best. It sounds like it has the most meaning to you and your family, and it sounds great. I love the idea of Frost as a middle name, but August Frost sounds wrong to me. I also like the suggestion of Dashiell Nicholas if you only want one middle, or Dashiell August. I personally love names with two middles, especially when they honor family.

Dashiell August Nick- has by far most meaning (love this)
    Dashiell August Frost- too hissssy (do not like)
    Dashiell August Drake- I think this sounds best (I like it with Nick better)
    Dashiell August Grant (For some reason I don't like Grant. I think I'm biased because of a relative by marriage who always seemed grumpy.)

Or only one middle
    Dashiell August-love so much!
    Dashiell Grant
    Dashiell Drake-I don't like the meaning of Drake-male duck. But most people don't know what it means.
    Dashiell Nick-I would lengthen it to Dashiell Nicholas. Then I'd love it. I don't mind the nickname Nick when it's the second middle.
    Dashiell Frost-too ess-y.
    Dashiell Robert refined.
    Dashiell Rowe I feel neutral about it.
    Dashiell Thomas-I like this.
    Dashiell William-Oooooh, two of my favorite names together, and I never thought of this combo!
    My favorite is Dashiell August for names with one middle. For the two middle name combos my vote is with Dashiell August Nick.

Dashiell August Nick- has by far most meaning: This is my favorite combination of yours. Isn't Nick your Mom's maiden name?

Dashiell August Frost- too hissssy: I'm not a fan of this one, either!

Dashiell August Drake- I think this sounds best: I don't care for Drake, but that's just me.

Dashiell August Grant- Too "G" heavy for me

How many syllables does your last name contain? I ask, because it will definitely make a difference with the flow...

Or only one middle
    Dashiell August: I LOVE this!
    Dashiell Grant: Just okay for me
    Dashiell Drake: I'm going to have to pass on this one (but that's just me!)
    Dashiell Nick: Although you know it's your Mom's maiden name, others may assume you've simply shortened Nicholas, and wonder why you made this decision. However, if you don't mind this potential why-didn't-you-use Nicholas issue, go for it. For some reason, using two middle names makes the whole "Nick" thing a non-issue for me.
    Dashiell Frost- Nah
    Dashiell Robert- Nice, but I like Dashielle August the best!
    Dashiell Rowe- This flows nicely. You know, Dashiell August Rowe has a really effortless flow/feel to it.
    Dashiell Thomas- Not as perfect as August
    Dashiell William- Ditto!

I vote for Dashiell August Nick- this is great!

lola Guest

Dashiell August Nick form this corner too, Meaning trumps all for me. And it's got great flow too. Love it! (But I'll miss Alfred Frost, for sure)

Dashiell August Nick it is! Thanks so much for all your help, everyone! My family seems so relieved that we're changing his name to this, nobody seemed to like Alfred, they ALL said they like this so much better! Which, on one hand is a little annoying, I mean, what's so bad about Alfred? But they all love Dashiell (not so sure his family loves the middle, but I think mine does).

NO ONE can spell it! Absolutely everyone has spelled it wrong, and my husband texted it to my sister in law, and she couldn't pronounce it! I had no idea it was so confusing, but oh well, I figure he'll mostly go by Dash, which people can spell.

I'll miss Alfred Frost, too. I really do love the sound of it, but it just didn't feel right, you know?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Oooh! Happy news! I was so hoping for Dashiell August Nick! What a wonderful choice! It has meaning, feels right to you, and sounds fantastic--a winner in every way! :-)