Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisa?

Louisa?

Okay, the current front runner for girls (they change by the day right now) is Louisa. What do you think? What image do you get with this name? Any middle name suggestions?

Re: Louisa?

great name. Classy and not too popular.

I love this name (another that the husband won't go for) :( I really like Louisa Paige, Louisa Natalie, Lousia June and Louisa Rosalie.

I love, love, LOVE Louisa! When I hear "Louisa," I think of elegance, strength, poise, grace, confidence, and class.

Louisa May (always the first combination that comes to mind, a la Alcott)
    Louisa Jane
    Louisa Josephine
    Louisa Maude
    Louisa Blythe
    Louisa Bess
    Louisa Kate
    Louisa Katherine/Catherine
    Louisa Grace
    Louisa Margaret
    Louisa Rose
    Louisa Violet

Love it. When I was little the old man next door called me "Melissa Louise" (no clue why, it's not my mn), so Louisa is a sweet name that warms my heart. :)

As for middles, you could really go with anything that doesn't start with a vowel. Keep it consistent and classic or go wild and exotic!

I love Louisa and the nickname Lulu.

lola Guest

Thanks for the suggestions!

I really like Louisa Kate, Louisa Pearl, and Louisa Ruby. Since both Louisa and my last name are 3 syllables long, I think one syllable middle name might be best, yes?

lola Guest

You could. :) My girl has a three syllable first name, a three syllable middle name, another one syllable middle name and a three syllable surname (Josephine Rosamel Anne MacK ____). With a three syllable first and a three syllable surname, you could do a one, two or four syllable middle. Why not make a mouthful, give you something to bite into when she's in trouble! :) And the argument "how will they learn to write all that"? My girl's 4 and can write her whole name already.

I love Louisa with Kate, Pearl, and Ruby! Darling! And I also think a one syllable middle name is a good idea with your circumstances. Oh, but I really love Ruby. That would be fine, too.