Menu

Thread: Valentina?

Valentina?

What do you think of the name Valentina? Is it a mouthful? I think it's beautiful, but I don't know of any nicknames other than Val or Tina. Do you know of any strong, yet beautiful girls names that aren't heard often?

Re: Valentina?

I think Valentina is gorgeous. Selma Hayek's daughter is named Valentina Paloma, a combination that makes me absolutely light-headed. What do you think of Lena as a nickname?

lola Guest

I love Valentine myself but Valentina's lush and gorgeous. I'd use something a bit less lush than paloma in the middle, myself but then, I'm no movie star! :D
    I know a Valentina, she's 16 this year. Lovely girl. She's of Greek descent, so it really fits her, dark har, dark eyes, almost olive skin, divine. I really like Valentina. (but would use Valentine because it honors my pop a bit better). If you love it, please use it! What a change from Madison she'd be! *swoon*!

I love the name Valentina and agree that Lena would be a great nickname for it! I also think Paloma as a middle is a bit too much. But if you love it, go for it. Especially if you have a relatively simple last name. I am biased because my last name is a bit complicated.

Valentina is such a lush name! Other strong, exotic names? That's tough. I think that Cassandra fits, maybe Miranda, Angela, Nicola or Florence? I don't think any of them are as uncommon as Valentina though.

peach Guest

Valya is the Russian nickname for Valentina. I can't think of any more nicknames. Other ideas -- Victoria, Katerina, Louisa, Anastasia, Paloma, Dominique, Carmen, Serena, Geneva, Scarlett.

Valentina is nice, it's the girl version of Valentino which is a name I would use for a baby boy.

Valentina is beautiful, an excellent choice.
    Favorite girl names: Estella, Marielle, Carys, Doutzen, Mireille, Edith, Saskia, Eve, Sienna, Cosima, Winnie, Delphine, Meredith, Sylvie, Sloane

Favorite boy names: Otto, Owen, Aaron, Daniel, Henry, Adam, Seth, Abram/Bram, Johan, Johannes, Sven, George, Adlai, Adam