Menu

Thread: baby name help

baby name help

We have a two year old and are now expecting baby number 2 in June and we are not going to find out the sex of the baby. I like Carys or Eve for a girl. My husband prefers Eve over Carys. We have picked Elisabeth as a middle name after my grandmother,but are not sure if it sounds so good with Eve. What do you think? Any other ideas that would sound nice with Eve?

Boys names we have picked either

Levi Rubaek or
    Blake Rubaek

Re: baby name help

Carys is a lovely and uncommon name; but it you opt for Eve instead, I'd suggest reversing the order. Elisabeth Eve flows a bit better than Eve Elisabeth. Or perhaps you could go with three names to but a buffer between the two. Have you considered a longer version (Evelyn, Evangeline) with Eve as her nn?

For a boy, Levi is fresher and more interesting than Blake, which is very 90s.

I prefer Levi over Blake. I'm not too fond of Blake (i also associate it with the 90's) but I think Levi is a beautiful choice.
    I also prefer Eve over Carys. I personally see no problem with Eve Elisabeth, I think it flows quite well and has a great balance. There are several beautiful longer names that offer Eve as a nickname, but I quite like it on its own. Eve Elisabeth is a winner for me.

Thanx for your help. We live in Austria ( but my husband is Canadian) where the baby will grow up and all names are rather unusual over here. All 4 names were characters in books I read and I love all of them. I had no idea that Blake was so 90's .. but good to know.

I like Carys Eve

And Blake (becoming more popular in NZ)