Menu

Which one works best with Charlie?

Jane Evangeline (Evie, bc we already have two Janes in the family)

Jocelyn Rebecca (the only drawback is that her monogram would be jAr - nn Joss sounds too much like Josh, but Jocelyn feels heavy for a little girl)

Raina Eleanor (Rae or Lena or no nickname at all)

for another boy, I'm leaning toward Will.

Re: Which one works best with Charlie?

I vote for Jane Evangeline...it's a beautiful classic name and I like the nn Evie. Evangeline Jane would be great too!

What pronunciation are you using: Evange-LEEN, Evange-LINE, e-VAN-gelinn? Because some of those work better with Jane than others. :)

I like Raina Eleanor

I would have to go with Jane Evangeline, its a classic name, so elegant and simple and a wonderful sister to Charlie.

Jane Evangeline is quite lovely. Is there any specific reason why you have Jane in front when you intend to use Evie?

Jocelyn is a masculine name to me, and so I struggle to picture it on a girl - perhaps Josephine, Josepha, Josette, Josiane or possibly Jocosa would appeal as a long form of Joss, or use another nickname eg Josie, Jo, Posy, Sephy for Josephine, Jock for Jocosa. Rebecca is a great middle name.

Raina is alright - I very much see 'rain with an 'a' and prefer the Bulgarian name Rayna for that sound. Eleanor is a fantastic name, though I wouldn't place two '-a' sound ending names together - it's a little repetitive.

To mix things up a bit - I like Jane Eleanor, Rebecca Evangeline, Evangeline Jane and Eleanor Josephine/Jocelyn.

I like Jane Evangeline but also like the way it sounds when you switch them, Evangeline Jane. Just to throw an idea out, I knew an Evangelina and she went by Vangie. Very unusual, don't know if is your style, but another nn option is always good!

I like Jane Evangeline best. It's beautifully classic, and it honors a family member while offering a fresh young nickname. It has my vote

I like Evangeline Jane